Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Sean Gallagher telling lies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

We have shown the lies in black and white. How can someone who "left any involvement in Fianna Fáil in terms of being a member of the party or being active back in 2009" be a member of that party's Executive Council in 2011?

How, in resigning from the council (but not the party) can he express his continued support for the party in 2011? How can he launch the general election campaigns of three of that party's candidates in 2011?

show facts please and show us if anyone of canidates didn't lie about something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

show facts please

Fact 1) Gallagher clearly said that he left FF in 2009. He even gave reasons why he left, claiming that he thought the party had lost touch with the people. The verbatim quotes are upthread.

Fact 2) He was a member of FF in January. In fact, he was one of just 48 local cumann reps on the Ard Comhairle, the supreme governing body of the party, in January.

Fact 2 means Gallagher was lying in Fact 1.

I love this statement from a campaign spokesman:

"Any suggestion that Sean has got his dates mixed up is completely false."

We're not saying he got mixed up, dude, we're saying he deliberately lied to fool people into thinking he was an independent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭hoorsmelt

Where has he been dishonest. I have heard him on many occasions say that he has supported FF.
    Do you think he is denying that he supported FF?

He has been dishonest in his inferrals that he was a casual member who drifted in and out, and that he is now an independent. You don't get to the National Exec by being a drifter, you need serious contacts at the very highest level and a well documented history of commitment and devotion,to the party that goes above and beyond what is expected of your average card carrying member. His ties to FF run extraordinarily deep, his attempt to muddy this and subsequent statements that he has cut his ties (with no evidence to prove that he is no longer a FF member), along with reports from different parts of the country (Limerick, Louth among others) that the local FF cumainn have mobilised in his support, I would be very wary of believing anything he says about being an independent. He is nothing of the sort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

I joined Ogra FF in my native Cavan when I was a teenager. I have been a member of the party on and off over succeeding years but was effectively not involved between about 1993 and 2007.
    I helped Seamus Kirk in his campaign in Louth in 2007. I was appointed to the FF National Executive in 2009, attended two meetings (June and December 2009) and then verbally informed the party headquarters I was stepping down (September 2010). I formally wrote resigning in January 2011.
    I was a member for a period of Ravensdale FF Cumann outside Dundalk but resigned from the Cumann on March 1st, 2010. Best wishes, Seán

Well now - I am very grateful to have gotten this answer from SG. He clarifies things about his FF membership and involvement, and to my mind clears up many questions that I had.

I see now that his quote of last week about leaving FF in 2009 was wrong, he didn't. But at least he is being forthcoming now and giving all the details.

I've also had a look at his current and previous directorships and he doesn't seem to have anything particularly dodgy or seedy.

I like him and hope that he stays in politics for many years.

From his January letter:

It has, in recent times, proved increasingly difficult for me to attend CDC meetings, and so, in the interest of allowing someone else to take up the position, I am regrettably resigning as constituency delegate"

But according to Gallagher's latest story, he resigned from his local cumann in 2010. So here he is, no longer even a member of the party in January, and he writes that the reason he's stepping down from the Ard Chomhairle is that he doesn't have time to attend meetings? He also expresses "continued support to you and your colleagues in this challenging period for the party’", and gets out to launch the campaigns of 3 FF candidates in the general election after those dates.

In this article, it's stated that the CDC of Louth formally inquired last summer about having him removed for being a bad representative on the Ard Chomhairle and attending only 2 meetings. Why on earth would they do that if he had already formally left the party? They would certainly mention that fact in trying to arrange a new representative!

Sorry Sean, it doesn't add up. What that January letter tells me is that you were still a member (and probably still are), and that you didn't have time for that particular executive council position.

New question for Sean: when did you last pay membership dues to Fianna Fáil. My guess: you are still a paid up member.

Sean: "Oops, I forgot to cancel the Direct Debit!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

edanto wrote: »
    Well now - I am very grateful to have gotten this answer from SG. He clarifies things about his FF membership and involvement, and to my mind clears up many questions that I had.

I see now that his quote of last week about leaving FF in 2009 was wrong, he didn't. But at least he is being forthcoming now and giving all the details.

I've also had a look at his current and previous directorships and he doesn't seem to have anything particularly dodgy or seedy.

I like him and hope that he stays in politics for many years.

Well done for some actual proper research into this.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭irishdude11

Thanks.

Here is some research I did, no need to thank me -

1. Gallagher said - I left any involvement in Fianna Fáil in terms of being a member of the party or being active back in 2009.
    2. Gallagher threw his weight behind several FF candidates to try and get them elected by officially launching their campaigns in February 2011. So that means he was active. He gave such a stirring Pro-FF speech at one campaign that the FF mayor of Castleblaney tweeted "Sean gallagher rallying the troops the atmosphere is electric." - http://twitter.com/#!/dfuncheon/status/33263452738957312

Those statements cant be reconciled. He is liar, there is no confusion over this. He was up and down the length of the country campaigning for at least 3 FF candidates at the last election. So cut the bull, it has been proven days ago that he was lying about his FF activity since 2009. Every single time someone tries to muddy the waters by acting as if there is any confusion on this I will repost these FACTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

Thanks.

None of this adds up ,

By the way, seeing as how he was no longer a FF member, why was he 'considering it' when questioned about running in the general election for FF? - http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/1011/1224305578336.html

Also, from the same article in today's Irish Times -
    Mr Gallagher appeared on platforms in support of Fianna Fáil candidates and the new leader of the party Micheál Martin during the general election campaign. He launched the campaign of Mayo TD Dara Calleary in Ballina and also appeared at campaign rallies for Donegal North East TD Charlie McConalogue and for the former TD Margaret Conlon in Co Monaghan. He also made an appearance with Mr Martin on the campaign trail.

And now we know that not only he was campaigning for the previously mentioned FF candidates, he was actually out on the campaign trail with Mehole Martin. This is the final disgrace. There can absolutely zero confusion now that he was 'active' or 'involved', when the guy was out with the frigging party leader campaigning for votes.

• Advertisement

By the way guys, does anyone know if Bertie Ahern was ever actually a member of Fianna Fail? I know he was leader for 14 years and was Finance Minister, etc.. before that, but does anyone know if he actually was a member of Fianna Fail? Same with Brian Cowen, does anyone actually know for sure if he was ever actually a part of the Fianna Fail party? Or did he just happen to find himself in the position of Taoiseach one day?

This Sean Gallagher situation has me questioning whether anyone has ever actually been a member of FF or was the whole thing just a figment of our imagination?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

raymon wrote: »
    None of this adds up ,

You can't handle the truth :D

CDfm wrote: »
    You can't handle the truth :D

Gallagher writes a few unrelated lines on facebook , and people say that explains it.

This Facebook post tells me nothing.

How does this show he wasn't lying about involvement or being active in FF

What the hell ????? He canvassed for Mehole ffs

By the way, seeing as how he was no longer a FF member, why was he 'considering it' when questioned about running in the general election for FF?

According to the Dundalk Argus: Sean Gallagher remained tight-lipped yesterday about his intentions. He is understood to be 'considering his position', but The Argus has learned he has already been nominated by a number of cumainn.

So, Sean Gallagher was apparently nominated by several FF cumainn as a FF candidate in the General Election of 2011. This is a man who was not even a member of FF at the time?

Here he is in the Dundalk Argus, ruling himself out:

'I believe that at this challenging time, we are all called upon to be leaders and I feel that I can best make my contribution by using my skills and abilities to promote a positive message of enterprise, opportunity, cooperation and confidence. For this reason, I will not be standing on this occasion,' said Mr Gallagher.

Note that he did not say "I am not a member of Fianna Fáil, I resigned last March because they have lost touch, I am in independent, why on earth would I run as a FF candidate?"

Here is some research I did, no need to thank me -

1. Gallagher said - I left any involvement in Fianna Fáil in terms of being a member of the party or being active back in 2009.
    2. Gallagher threw his weight behind several FF candidates to try and get them elected by officially launching their campaigns in February 2011. So that means he was active. He gave such a stirring Pro-FF speech at one campaign that the FF mayor of Castleblaney tweeted "Sean gallagher rallying the troops the atmosphere is electric." - http://twitter.com/#!/dfuncheon/status/33263452738957312

Those statements cant be reconciled. He is liar, there is no confusion over this. He was up and down the length of the country campaigning for at least 3 FF candidates at the last election. So cut the bull, it has been proven days ago that he was lying about his FF activity since 2009. Every single time someone tries to muddy the waters by acting as if there is any confusion on this I will repost these FACTS.

You are contrasting your post (via the introductory comment about thanks) with a properly researched post. You should recognise that there is a huge difference between a first hand source of information and a newspaper report about a tweet. Surely that is clear to see! Do you see the difference?

You are contrasting your post (via the introductory comment about thanks) with a properly researched post. You should recognise that there is a huge difference between a first hand source of information and a newspaper report about a tweet. Surely that is clear to see! Do you see the difference?

A fact is a fact is a fact. Which fact do you dispute is true.?
    That he said that he was not active or involved since 2009, or the fact that he was active up until a few months ago???

Come on , these 2 are not very complicated , a yes or no answer will do

• Advertisement

You are contrasting your post (via the introductory comment about thanks) with a properly researched post.

If that properly researched post is so great, I'm sure it tells you what date Gallagher left the Fianna Fáil party. It says:

I was a member for a period of Ravensdale FF Cumann outside Dundalk but resigned from the Cumann on March 1st, 2010.

Does that mean that Gallagher was not a member of Fianna Fail from that date? If he was not a member, why did several cumainn nominate him as a candidate in the 2011 election? Why did the Louth CDC write to HQ asking for him to resign from the Ard Chomhairle in summer 2010? Why did he write a letter resigning from the Ard Chomhairle in January without mentioning the fact that he left the party 9 months earlier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Ask him yourself on his facebook page, that's where I got the answer.

I still think he was dececptive about his involvement, but at least I have it from the horses mouth.

A fact is a fact is a fact. Which fact do you dispute is true.?
    That he said that he was not active or involved since 2009, or the fact that he was active up until a few months ago???

Come on , these 2 are not very complicated , a yes or no answer will do

My point was in relation to a first hand source of information versus a newspaper report of a tweet. Your post ignores this. I have given my opinion on the 'active' role and you disagree which you are entitled to do. I don't think there is any point in me repeating the same points over and over. If you disagree let me know and I will link back to the same posts again. In relation to the sources of information would you recognise the difference between first hand information and a newspaper report of a tweet? a yes or no answer will do

I don't think there is any point in me repeating the same points over and over.

Well, no, because they are blatantly wrong. The event in the reported tweet happened. Gallagher campaigned for FF in the General Election. Hell, he considered running for FF in the General Election.

That spoof from his Facebook page does not deny any of these facts.

Well, no, because they are blatantly wrong. The event in the reported tweet happened. Gallagher campaigned for FF in the General Election. Hell, he considered running for FF in the General Election.

That spoof from his Facebook page does not deny any of these facts.

If he is FF through and through I wonder why did he not look to get the official nomination?

• Advertisement

My point was in relation to a first hand source of information versus a newspaper report of a tweet. Your post ignores this. I have given my opinion on the 'active' role and you disagree which you are entitled to do. I don't think there is any point in me repeating the same points over and over. If you disagree let me know and I will link back to the same posts again. In relation to the sources of information would you recognise the difference between first hand information and a newspaper report of a tweet? a yes or no answer will do

So do you agree that he lied then?

If he is FF through and through I wonder why did he not look to get the official nomination?

For the same reason he declined the nomination to run in the general election: he knew he'd lose with FF on his poster.

And lots of people fell for it, he was second in the last Red C poll among FG voters after Michael D, ahead of gay Mitchell. That's 10% of his polling numbers that he won't see on election day now.

So do you agree that he lied then?

No. That is not proven beyond doubt.
    To be honest I am just playing the devils advocate here. He has tried to step back from FF as they are a dirty word in politics at the moment, I think he is wise to do so but to call him a liar is over the top and is probably a reaction to his FF links. All the candidates in this election will try and play to the gallery in various ways and that is what SG is doing. They will all avoid answering questions that don't suit the agenda they are pursuing. Thats not a crime though, sure you did exactly that in your last post !:D (Yes I did it earlier also)

For the same reason he declined the nomination to run in the general election: he knew he'd lose with FF on his poster.

And lots of people fell for it, he was second in the last Red C poll among FG voters after Michael D, ahead of gay Mitchell. That's 10% of his polling numbers that he won't see on election day now.

he does'nt have any posters.

Why will he lose 10% between last week and now? People knew last week that he had previously been involved with FF. When he was interviewed over a month ago most of the questions from the public related to his FF links so it is not a new development.

When he was interviewed over a month ago most of the questions from the public related to his FF links so it is not a new development.

A month ago, when asked questions by the public about his FF links, he was telling lies like this one:

I left any involvement in Fianna Fáil in terms of being a member of the party or being active back in 2009.

So you can understand how voters got entirely the wrong idea about him.

What the hell are you on about - 'newspaper report of a tweet'. I didnt say anything about a newspaper report of a tweet. I posted a link to the actual tweet itself made by the FF mayor of Castleblaney.

Here are the facts again so as there is no confusion -

2. Gallagher threw his weight behind several FF candidates to try and get them elected by officially launching their campaigns in February 2011. So that means he was active. He gave such a stirring Pro-FF speech at one campaign that the FF mayor of Castleblaney tweeted "Sean gallagher rallying the troops the atmosphere is electric." - http://twitter.com/#!/dfuncheon/stat...63452738957312

No. That is not proven beyond doubt.
    To be honest I am just playing the devils advocate here. He has tried to step back from FF as they are a dirty word in politics at the moment, I think he is wise to do so but to call him a liar is over the top and is probably a reaction to his FF links. All the candidates in this election will try and play to the gallery in various ways and that is what SG is doing. They will all avoid answering questions that don't suit the agenda they are pursuing. Thats not a crime though, sure you did exactly that in your last post !:D (Yes I did it earlier also)

He didn't avoid answering any question. He answered it but he told lies

So you can understand how voters got entirely the wrong idea about him.

I dont think that most voters would be affected greatly if his FF link ended in 2009 or 2011. He is either linked to FF or not, and he clearly has these previous links.

It will be interesting to hear Matt Coopers points to Gallagher today though as if anyone would be scathing about the FF link it will be him rather than the RTE debates upcoming.

I dont think that most voters would be affected greatly if his FF link ended in 2009 or 2011.

How about if he is in fact a paid-up member of Fianna Fáil?

I dont think that most voters would be affected greatly if his FF link ended in 2009 or 2011. He is either linked to FF or not, and he clearly has these previous links.

It will be interesting to hear Matt Coopers points to Gallagher today though as if anyone would be scathing about the FF link it will be him rather than the RTE debates upcoming.

Everyone on newstalk is missing the point.
    It is about trust , honesty and telling the truth.

Gallagher is downright dishonest

• Advertisement

That is a sub-point of the FF link. The link to FF is the most important thing, far more so than paid up member or supposed lies.

Everyone on newstalk is missing the point.
    It is about trust , honesty and telling the truth.

Gallagher is downright dishonest
    Matt Cooper is Today FM, not Newstalk.

Fact 1) Gallagher clearly said that he left FF in 2009. He even gave reasons why he left, claiming that he thought the party had lost touch with the people. The verbatim quotes are upthread.

Fact 2) He was a member of FF in January. In fact, he was one of just 48 local cumann reps on the Ard Comhairle, the supreme governing body of the party, in January.

Fact 2 means Gallagher was lying in Fact 1.

I love this statement from a campaign spokesman:

"Any suggestion that Sean has got his dates mixed up is completely false."

We're not saying he got mixed up, dude, we're saying he deliberately lied to fool people into thinking he was an independent.
    is Sean Gallagher independent for election,yes or no

show details

show details

That was a question. I don't know if Gallagher is a member.

It seems very likely, as he was nominated as a FF Dail candidate last December, and only resigned from the Ard Comhairle in January this year, and is unable to produce a resignation letter.

When edanto asked him directly on facebook when he joined and left FF, the only extra tidbit of information he offered was this:

I was a member for a period of Ravensdale FF Cumann outside Dundalk but resigned from the Cumann on March 1st, 2010. Best wishes, Seán

Note the careful language. This does not say "I resigned my membership of Fianna Fáil in March, 2010". Since the Louth CDC wrote to FF HQ in summer 2010 asking how to get Gallagher removed from the Ard Chomhairle for not attending meetings, and Ravensdale Cumann are represented on the Louth CDC, it's odd that they wouldn't be aware of the fact that Gallagher had left the party. Apparently no-one at HQ knew either, since thay asked Gallagher to officially resign from the Ard Chomhairle.

Apparently Gallagher didn't know either, since he obliged them with an official resignation from the Ard Chomhairle, saying that he did not have time for the job, and failing to mention that he had left the party almost a year earlier, and expressing his continued support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭swampgas

is Sean Gallagher independent for election,yes or no

Well, if he is closely associated with FF (which he appears to be), managed to get his name on the ballot paper because of FF controlled councils (which appears to be the case) and reportedly has FF canvassing for him in parts of the country, I'd say no.

He is pretending to run as an independent as the FF brand is so toxic. You might also be suspicious as to why FF are not running an official nominee - you could be forgiven for suspecting that they are really hoping the FF vote goes to SG.

The fact that some people have no problem with him attempting to lie his way into the presidency doesn't surprise me - after all this is Ireland, he is probably a hero to some for being so devious.

If he does well, we can expect FF to claim him back after the election. We will be told that the dogs in the street knew he was really FF, so every vote he gets counts as a FF vote, and Michéal Martin was really playing it clever.

That was a question. I don't know if Gallagher is a member.

It seems very likely, as he was nominated as a FF Dail candidate last December, and only resigned from the Ard Comhairle in January this year, and is unable to produce a resignation letter.

When edanto asked him directly on facebook when he joined and left FF, the only extra tidbit of information he offered was this:

Note the careful language. This does not say "I resigned my membership of Fianna Fáil in March, 2010". Since the Louth CDC wrote to FF HQ in summer 2010 asking how to get Gallagher removed from the Ard Chomhairle for not attending meetings, and Ravensdale Cumann are represented on the Louth CDC, it's odd that they wouldn't be aware of the fact that Gallagher had left the party. Apparently no-one at HQ knew either, since thay asked Gallagher to officially resign from the Ard Chomhairle.

Apparently Gallagher didn't know either, since he obliged them with an official resignation from the Ard Chomhairle, saying that he did not have time for the job, and failing to mention that he had left the party almost a year earlier, and expressing his continued support.

are you making thsi up as you go along,
    show proof ancd not comments too show :
    was selected as FF Dail candidate last December.
    is Sean Gallagher running as independent YES or NO answer only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

show details

For someone who seems to - correctly - question everything about McGuinness and his iRA membership, you're being very defensive of some serious question marks in terms of Gallagher's memberships.

Any particular reason for that ?

• Advertisement

swampgas wrote: »
    Well, if he is closely associated with FF (which he appears to be), managed to get his name on the ballot paper because of FF controlled councils (which appears to be the case) and reportedly has FF canvassing for him in parts of the country, I'd say no.

He is pretending to run as an independent as the FF brand is so toxic. You might also be suspicious as to why FF are not running an official nominee - you could be forgiven for suspecting that they are really hoping the FF vote goes to SG.

The fact that some people have no problem with him attempting to lie his way into the presidency doesn't surprise me - after all this is Ireland, he is probably a hero to some for being so devious.

again show PROOF that Sean Gallagher is running as ff candidate
    and
    Show PROOF that Sean Gallagher was selected as FF candidate.
    if no proof show,then move on.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    For someone who seems to - correctly - question everything about McGuinness and his iRA membership, you're being very defensive of some serious question marks in terms of Gallagher's memberships.

Very simple
    Yes he Has connection to ff,everyone one knows that.
    when he left the ff is the question, but when people say he's a FF candidate when he's not running as FF candidate ,show proof that he is instead of there own personal comments.
    show proof he's running as FF.
    as regards too Ira and sein fein ,do i have to explain the difference to you between the two.

Very simple
    Yes he Has connection to ff,everyone one knows that.
    when he left the ff is the question, but when people say he's a FF candidate when he's not running as FF candidate ,show proof that he is instead of there own personal comments.
    show proof he's running as FF.
    as regards too Ira and sein fein ,do i have to explain the difference to you between the two.

There's a question about when McG left the IRA too, so it's the same issue.

A lie is a lie.

If he does well, we can expect FF to claim him back after the election. We will be told that the dogs in the street knew he was really FF, so every vote he gets counts as a FF vote, and Michéal Martin was really playing it clever.

FF won't get anything,they did there damage when the country was messed up by them ,Sean Gallagher knows better to have toxic party supporting him,will take FF 15 to 20 years to recover for their mess up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

is Martin McGuinness ruiing as independent YES or NO answer only

Fixed that for you? Can you answer your own question.

A lie is a lie.

big difference is mmg has terrorist background,and would say he's still a member of Ira ,Once a member of ira, if you leave ff ,you probably won't get kneecapped or worse.and mmg has 37 years or more practice if being a liar.
    Sean Gallagher is about date when he left the ff
    mmg has alot more he's lying about,membership,killing of Irish people in republic,the where about of killers,if he knows or even was involved, there's a bigger list with mmg,in world media,all they saying is ex-terrorist running for irish presidential election which would damage Ireland internationally ,specially now when we need jobs etc.

• Advertisement

jank wrote: »
    Fixed that for you? Can you answer your own question.

answer my question first and then ill answer yours
    but so you don't waste time
    yes mmg is running as independent with support of sein fein party and has sein fein party members on canvas election trail with him,but as marty mc guinness is connected too ira a terrorist group and with mmg past and present and liar ,he's
    a toxic candidate so not good for country,
    and as this thread is about sean gallagher and there is a thread or 2 about marty mc guinness,back on thread.

A lie is a lie.

big difference is mmg has terrorist background,and would say he's still a member of Ira ,Once a member of ira, if you leave ff ,you probably won't get kneecapped or worse.and mmg has 37 years or more practice if being a liar.
    Sean Gallagher is about date when he left the ff
    mmg has alot more he's lying about,membership,killing of Irish people in republic,the where about of killers,if he knows or even was involved, there's a bigger list with mmg,in world media,all they saying is ex-terrorist running for irish presidential election which would damage Ireland internationally ,specially now when we need jobs etc.

FF damaged to Ireland internationally to the point where they weren't believed abroad or at home.

Yes, McG's crimes are bigger, but the damage to lives and mental health that FF have imposed on our citizens has a far wider spread than IRA ever managed.

SG is part of that toxic spread, and like McG is trying to distance himself from it, albeit temporarily.

Are you a member of any political party yourself ?

was selected as FF Dail candidate last December. is Sean Gallagher running as independent YES or NO

Yes, like McGuinness he is an Independent.

See upthread for newspaper reports from last December of several FF cumainn in Louth nominating "staunch" FFer Gallagher for the general election, and him turning it down "on this occasion".

Sean expressed sincere gratitude to all those who had put his name forward and to the many people who had contacted him over the period since his name was mentioned as a possible candidate.

He did not say "You need your heads examined, I am not even a member of Fianna Fail, I left last March, or possibly September, or maybe in 2009."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭swampgas

again show PROOF that Sean Gallagher is running as ff candidate
    and
    Show PROOF that Sean Gallagher was selected as FF candidate.
    if no proof show,then move on.

Of course he is officially running as an independent, but IMO he is as FF as MMG is SF.

I'm not trying to convince anyone else - all I'm saying, is that from my point of view he is an FF candidate in all but name. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck ...

I think SG comes across well and has potential, but I think he went way too far in trying to portray himself as somehow disenchanted with and disengaged from FF. To expect to get away with a whopper that big was a big misjudgement. Just goes to show how toxic the FF brand is considered to be, even by FF insiders.

swampgas wrote: »
    Of course he is officially running as an independent, but IMO he is as FF as MMG is SF.

I'm not trying to convince anyone else - all I'm saying, is that from my point of view he is an FF candidate in all but name. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck ...

I think SG comes across well and has potential, but I think he went way too far in trying to portray himself as somehow disenchanted with and disengaged from FF. To expect to get away with a whopper that big was a big misjudgement. Just goes to show how toxic the FF brand is considered to be, even by FF insiders.

so you don't have PROOF,only your personnel option is a ff candidate ,is this correct
    don't think any smart person would want being a ff candidate,hence Sean Gallagher is not.also i think you see alot of people like sean gallagher moving away from ff because how they handle things.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement