Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Sean Gallagher telling lies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

so if anyone supports ff ,they guilty ,even the guy on the street who supports ff ?

I do not know if its nesscessary to be a supporter of FF to be guilty you have to be Anti FF and SG to be exonerated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

CDfm wrote: »
    I do not know if its nesscessary to be a supporter of FF to be guilty you have to be Anti FF and SG to be exonerated.

I believe everyone has the right to support who they like without being made felt guilty of but i don't believe in people who support a party to try and force there party views on others,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

look at it and see what you think

This 6:01 interview reminds me of Brian Lenihan's "mature recollection".
    He is a slippery one alright.

Well done Brian Dobson for grilling him on Daragh Callearly , but notice how he didn't actually answer the question

Dobson also asked him if the information he initially gave regarding that he left FF in 2009 was incorrect. He didnt answer that either.....he waffled on

I don't believe any word he says

FFer!

Its not a pro Gallagher faction on the thread but a Neutral
    Faction
    questioning the Anti SG Faction

There is a huge difference.

I'm not anti Sean Gallagher . I am against his lies and dishonesty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

He's Fianna Fail ... it goes with the territory have we all forgotten our Minister for Justice (lol) standing on the steps and telling us the IMF were not in the country and there were no negotiations ongoing about bail outs a few hours later there was the unmistakeable rumble of the pin stripe Sherman tanks heading down Kildare Street.

Now I'm not one to judge but if someone I knew to be a member of Fianna Fail even just briefly back say in 1934 told me the sky was blue I would go and check just to be sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

toexpress wrote: »
    Now I'm not one to judge but if someone I knew to be a member of Fianna Fail even just briefly back say in 1934 told me the sky was blue I would go and check just to be sure

That is a very sweeping way of judging people.

I prefer to judge people on what they say as an individual rather than single them out for an association that they have had in the past.

That is a very sweeping way of judging people.

I prefer to judge people on what they say as an individual rather than single them out for an association that they have had in the past.

yeah lay with dogs and you're going to catch fleas. At the end of the day would you give a job to someone you knew had been involved with the Westies? Would you heck as like so why give a job to someone you know to have been involved with the Soldiers of Fortune or as they like to be known the Soldiers of Destiny

yeah lay with dogs and you're going to catch fleas. At the end of the day would you give a job to someone you knew had been involved with the Westies? Would you heck as like so why give a job to someone you know to have been involved with the Soldiers of Fortune or as they like to be known the Soldiers of Destiny

there's that comment westies again
    are you sf supporter by any chance

raymon wrote: »
    I'm not anti Sean Gallagher . I am against his lies and dishonesty.

I hope you don't mind me asking , and dont feel you have tp answer, but have you ever voted for a FF candidate in any election.( includes 1st Preference and transfers) .

• Advertisement

I hope you don't mind me asking , and dont feel you have tp answer, but have you ever voted for a FF candidate in any election.( includes 1st Preference and transfers) .

I don't mind you asking at all

I don't remember giving Fianna Fail first or second preference in any election
    Far too dishonest for my liking.
    Same for Sinn Fein.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Will all the candidates get an interview on the news like Sean got today?

look at it and see what you think

So I have looked at the clip and think he came across as slippery.and evasive .

What did you think kelticknight ( please be honest )

I just wish he would put his hands up and be upfront
    He lost a lot of votes with the cute hoor FF type interview technique

there's that comment westies again
    are you sf supporter by any chance

Certainly not I would never support a criminal movement

Certainly not I would never support a criminal movement

i looked at your posts on other thread, I retract

I don't mind you asking at all

I don't remember giving Fianna Fail first or second preference in any election
    Far too dishonest for my liking.
    Same for Sinn Fein.

lol -that sounds like McGuinness not remembering the oath.

Selective memory loss was something that effected alot of FF ministers from last government also raymon. I think we have a closet Fianna fail suspect here!!!
    I see he has alot of business support for jobs, etc.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/politics/2011/10/12/sean-gallagher-tops-exit-poll/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Gallagher at the infamous FF Galway Races tent:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gallagher-visited-ff-tent-2907087.html

The farce continues. . . .

lol -that sounds like McGuinness not remembering the oath.

Selective memory loss was something that effected alot of FF ministers from last government also raymon. I think we have a closet Fianna fail suspect here!!!
    I see he has alot of business support for jobs, etc.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/politics/2011/10/12/sean-gallagher-tops-exit-poll/
    Ha ha .... you know I would never have voted for the FFers

And that " poll ",that gave him 62 % is a farce. I call shennagins

Scraps of paper handed out after a business meeting where some of the candidates spoke ......hardly scientific.

There is a lot of ffphobia going around and I can see some "I am a secret FF voter" threads poping up here and there.

Then there is the reluctance to say "feck we are a small fecking country, how fecking difficult is it to govern"

What is our democracy record

http://www.tascnet.ie/upload/s%20Speech%20DA.pdf

Seanie if elected might say "yup I will use my discretionary powers to the fullest".

The big fear the Labour Party have is that Fine Gael could actually govern without them and make a go of it.

Where Mitchells and Dana's transfers go may decide the day.

i looked at your posts on other thread, I retract

and I thank you

and I thank you

NO thank god , don't support marty mc guinness and defo don't support sinn fein
    Want my family to have a future in this country if they say here ,with this lot,might end up with war in Europe with them

• Advertisement

and I thank you

Wait a mo, did I miss something.

Was it alledged you were a member of FF .

Oh Raymon.
    The latest poll it seems may not please you!!!

My tongue is in my cheek but the the latest opinion poll is interesting to read.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1015/president.html
    Very surprising IMO but it is a good time for Gallaagher to go in front. By this I mean that there is plenty of time for his credentials to be investigated. If he can endure this without a major blip he could be the man for the job. He seems to be seen as the anti establishment candidate which will be a hard role to defeat.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

The missus just told me that it was reported in the Indo today that Sean's P60 from that he filled out for last year makes out that he made a little over €200 per week. Does that not reek of bull poo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

beertons wrote: »
    The missus just told me that it was reported in the Indo today that Sean's P60 from that he filled out for last year makes out that he made a little over €200 per week. Does that not reek of bull poo?

Either he is, contrary to his own profile and puff, an absolutely abysmal businessman, or else he's evading/avoiding plenty of tax. No other possible explanation.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

^ No better cover than the Aras to hide away for a few years. I'd imagine, that a tax evasion case can never be brought against a former president(lol). What happened to Smarthomes? Did he sell it?

beertons wrote: »

A P60 reflects income subject to PAYE and not earnings from all sources or his wifes earnings. Regular income and i would not expect him to have profits in his line now.

Still, lots of people working in business or trades and that includes people in sales who might get part of their income in bonus or commission, building, plumbers, painters,hairdressers, beauticians have taken real hits in income.

I reckon its a good result given the climate. I know lots of people who worked hard and have gone broke.

Oh Raymon.
    The latest poll it seems may not please you!!!

My tongue is in my cheek but the the latest opinion poll is interesting to read.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1015/president.html
    Very surprising IMO but it is a good time for Gallaagher to go in front. By this I mean that there is plenty of time for his credentials to be investigated. If he can endure this without a major blip he could be the man for the job. He seems to be seen as the anti establishment candidate which will be a hard role to defeat.

I know , I saw the report

Makes me very sad to see somebody this dishonest doing so well

If you can lie your way to one of the top offices in the country then the country is in very bad shape

However the poll was taken before the debate

I know , I saw the report

Makes me very sad to see somebody this dishonest doing so well

If you can lie your way to one of the top offices in the country then the country is in very bad shape

However the poll was taken before the debate

it was taken before primetime so may be false. I think you are focusing to much on the negatives. SG has been one of the more positive of the candidates and alot of people are more interested in what he is saying about the future than what he is asked about the past. I think his hesitation to criticise FF on Primetime may harm his % a little but his 'abhorring' of the FF leadership decisions the next morning showed that he was not afraid of owning up to a mistake. He also explained that he didnt want to criticise a whole mass of ordinary people who were involved in the FF which was a fair explanation also.

I suppose a question that could be asked of your stated position is:
    are we better off with an honest old man who will not rattle any cages as he fulfils the constitutional duties of the president or do we take a punt on the more dynamic guy with positive ideas for attracting trade and business despite his FF past?

Its a question I am asking myself TBH. I was arguing SG side of the story in this thread as I thought it was unfair to call him a liar. My vote I thought was always heading for MDHiggins but I'm not so sure now. So do you think there is substance in the question?

it was taken before primetime so may be false. I think you are focusing to much on the negatives. SG has been one of the more positive of the candidates and alot of people are more interested in what he is saying about the future than what he is asked about the past. I think his hesitation to criticise FF on Primetime may harm his % a little but his 'abhorring' of the FF leadership decisions the next morning showed that he was not afraid of owning up to a mistake. He also explained that he didnt want to criticise a whole mass of ordinary people who were involved in the FF which was a fair explanation also.

I suppose a question that could be asked of your stated position is:
    are we better off with an honest old man who will not rattle any cages as he fulfils the constitutional duties of the president or do we take a punt on the more dynamic guy with positive ideas for attracting trade and business despite his FF past?

Its a question I am asking myself TBH. I was arguing SG side of the story in this thread as I thought it was unfair to call him a liar. My vote I thought was always heading for MDHiggins but I'm not so sure now. So do you think there is substance in the question?

A dishonest man in the Aras is not a good idea

If it was accepted that he is dishonest how would you see this damaging his attempts to bring trade and enterprise to the country. How would it damage the efforts to get a positive image of Ireland abroad for example?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

If it was accepted that he is dishonest how would you see this damaging his attempts to bring trade and enterprise to the country. How would it damage the efforts to get a positive image of Ireland abroad for example?

Huh ? :confused:

Of course having a dishonest man at the top would have an effect on people's opinion of the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Top of the polls:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

A vote for SG is a vote for the golden circle..I'v nothing against the man but he doesn't appear to me to be as successful a business man as he makes out.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Huh ? :confused:

Of course having a dishonest man at the top would have an effect on people's opinion of the country.

That doesnt answer the question at all>
    How would it damage the efforts to get a positive image of Ireland abroad for example?
    Its a fair question.

Gallagher is not the great entrepreneur he makes out to be imo

The only job or enterprise he wants to create is his own

That doesnt answer the question at all>
    Its a fair question.

I think the fair question is "how could it NOT damage the country".

We've worked hard to get rid of the corrupt FF, with their legacy being the "troika" here yet again this weekend, and now some people want one of them BACK ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

charlemont wrote: »
    A vote for SG is a vote for the golden circle..I'v nothing against the man but he doesn't appear to me to be as successful a business man as he makes out.

All hat and no cattle.

Wait a mo, did I miss something.

Was it alledged you were a member of FF .

No even worse than that SF and lord knows it's hard to think of anything worse than being a member of FF but there it is

Government business is not done openly and we are left with a right mess because of our vested interest based system.

Our system of government no matter who is in is massively crooked and you have only to look at things like tribunal leaks, norris letter leaks to see how crooked and corrupt it is.

The power of the unaccountable social partners not listed in the constitution.If social partners are wanted appoint the feckers to the Seanad and make them accountable.Farmers, unions, builders, nuns, I dont care.

An ineffective old man in the Aras is hardly going to change that -I am not saying Gallagher would but maybe it would shake things up.

• Advertisement

Government business is not done openly and we are left with a right mess because of our vested interest based system.

Our system of government no matter who is in is massively crooked and you have only to look at things like tribunal leaks, norris letter leaks to see how crooked and corrupt it is.

The power of the unaccountable social partners not listed in the constitution.If social partners are wanted appoint the feckers to the Seanad and make them accountable.Farmers, unions, builders, nuns, I dont care.

An ineffective old man in the Aras is hardly going to change that -I am not saying Gallagher would but maybe it would shake things up.

Gallagher is not a new broom , more like a a dirty greasy FF mop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I'm very depressed tonight after that poll .......... are Irish people so naive as to vote for a proxy FF insider while we are still up to our elbows in the mess they made of the country?
    God Lord have we learned nothing at all ... so much for all the talk of change
    :confused:

That is a bit tabloidy, not debate. We can all put slurs on the various candidates but that would achieve nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

That is a bit tabloidy, not debate. We can all put slurs on the various candidates but that would achieve nothing.

It's not a slur. It's the truth.

He's the Fianna Fail candidate. A member of Fianna Fail for over 30 years.

The dynamic entrepreneur, who only earns a little over 200 euros a week. There are more dynamic entrepreneurs driving taxis and chip vans. Where are all income streams from his "investments"?

And he may have had feck all money to "invest" while he was a Dragon - all the eejits glued to the set, thinking he was genius. Not that I'd watch it. I imagine his advice might have toxic.

What stinks even more is the credulity of people to swallow him as the no nonsense man with the magic.

Ahem, there you go again, that is the thing with you party political boys and the thinking that it is all about your guy winning.

There is an assumption that the choices they offer are the only ones.

When you post liars about Fianna Fail , non party affiliated people like me, say well your bunch are well able to lie too.

Ahem, there you go again, that is the thing with you party political boys and the thinking that it is all about your guy winning.

There is an assumption that the choices they offer are the only ones.

When you post liars about Fianna Fail , non party affiliated people like me, say well your bunch are well able to lie too.

I've no party allegiance whatsoever but I agree 100% with Raymon

• Advertisement

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I've no party allegiance whatsoever but I agree 100% with Raymon

The political parties are in huge disarray and IMHO Michael D's constant showing has been from people who are familiar with him.

Michael D is a very popular national figure.

The polls suggest that 73 % of the electorate do not want Michael D and 65 % do not want what the coalition have to offer.

Thats what the polls suggest.
    If you stripped out Michael D's personal vote and affection he is held in I imagine the government parties would be lucky to have 20 % of the poll.

edit - I am not saying that FF are the alternative but that Irish politicians are a disgraceful bunch of people . And the backroom schenanigans of the current ones and their vested interests is every bit as bad as their predessessors

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/1015/breaking17.html

Unlike you Raymon , I do not think they - the poll and this behavior - are mutually exclusive or can be looked at that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

SG was really an entrepreneur, more like a chances!

Anyone know the going rate he was charging for personal appearances over the last few years! ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

In fact, his reticence causes me to be distrustful of Michael D Higgins and his associations.

On the candidates that are not candid are MMG & Norris and do not even pretend to be.

I've been reading and re-reading the last sentence above and still don't understand it.

Dear cdfm and jonniebgood tag team.

My greasy dirty FF mop comment was in response to cdfm talking cliches like Gallagher will shake things up in the Aras or he is a new broom .
    so please don't criticise me for speaking the truth in response to cdfm s cliche "shake things up"

By the way I belong to no party

I dislike liars from all parties equally

Dear cdfm and jonniebgood tag team.

My greasy dirty FF mop comment was in response to cdfm talking cliches like Gallagher will shake things up in the Aras or he is a new broom .
    so please don't criticise me for speaking the truth in response to cdfm s cliche "shake things up"

By the way I belong to no party

I dislike liars from all parties equally

Do you think when I bill comes before him that he doesn't like he will say

"I'm out" ... ha ha boom boom (It's the way I tell 'em) :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement