Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Sean Gallagher telling lies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

raymon wrote: »
    Dear cdfm and jonniebgood tag team.

We are not a tag team.

Our common ground seems to be that we disagree with your portrayal of a candidate.

That and we both post points that challenge your analysis.

Your wresting analogy is not appropriate - I think your issue is more like a wrestling franchise and yours is loosing its fan base.
    cdfm talking cliches like Gallagher will shake things up in the Aras or he is a new broom .

I lolled at that - when have i ever posted that ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

krd wrote: »
    It's not a slur. It's the truth.

He's the Fianna Fail candidate. A member of Fianna Fail for over 30 years.

The dynamic entrepreneur, who only earns a little over 200 euros a week. There are more dynamic entrepreneurs driving taxis and chip vans. Where are all income streams from his "investments"?

And he may have had feck all money to "invest" while he was a Dragon - all the eejits glued to the set, thinking he was genius. Not that I'd watch it. I imagine his advice might have toxic.

What stinks even more is the credulity of people to swallow him as the no nonsense man with the magic.

Is this the AH forum. You are saying that this is the truth
    posted by Raymon
    >Gallagher is not a new broom , more like a a dirty greasy FF mop
    So it is the truth that SG is not a broom, he is a mop.

If this is the best level of criticism of SG then I think he may just sweep the opposition away:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

Is this the AH forum. You are saying that this is the truth
    So it is the truth that SG is not a broom, he is a mop.

If this is the best level of criticism of SG then I think he may just sweep the opposition away:D

The thread was to expose his " I've not been active in FF since 2009"

Complete lies ..... job done

Thanks to those who participated in the thread

In all fairness when the level of comment ends up at
    Gallagher is not a new broom , more like a a dirty greasy FF mop
    It suggests very little to complain about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

krd wrote: »
    It's not a slur. It's the truth.

He's the Fianna Fail candidate. A member of Fianna Fail for over 30 years.

The dynamic entrepreneur, who only earns a little over 200 euros a week. There are more dynamic entrepreneurs driving taxis and chip vans. Where are all income streams from his "investments"?

And he may have had feck all money to "invest" while he was a Dragon - all the eejits glued to the set, thinking he was genius. Not that I'd watch it. I imagine his advice might have toxic.

What stinks even more is the credulity of people to swallow him as the no nonsense man with the magic.

false points here in few things

wasn't SG saying he left the executive in 2009 ? yes or no

In which way was he active ,if he left executive ,that doesn't mean he couldn't be supporter

I've not been active in FF since 2009

That answers a lot of questions about how you promote SG here om boards.:rolleyes:

Ok everyone dictionaries at the ready

Here we go again

Is campaigning with michael Martin active ?

Is launching the campaign of daragh callearly active.?

Dear cdfm and jonniebgood tag team.
    ???

there is a conspiracy theory forum for this type of speculation.

• Advertisement

My greasy dirty FF mop comment was in response to cdfm talking cliches like Gallagher will shake things up in the Aras or he is a new broom .
    so please don't criticise me for speaking the truth in response to cdfm s cliche "shake things up"

By the way I belong to no party

I dislike liars from all parties equally

And if you dislike liars so much why do you midquote me ?

The exact post is here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74955157&postcount=390

CDfm wrote: »
    And if you dislike liars so much why do you midquote me ?

The exact post is here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74955157&postcount=390

I did not misquote you ..... the part of my post in quotes matches exactly what you said

I did not misquote you ..... the part of my post in quotes matches exactly what you said

This was my post
    Government business is not done openly and we are left with a right mess because of our vested interest based system.

Our system of government no matter who is in is massively crooked and you have only to look at things like tribunal leaks, norris letter leaks to see how crooked and corrupt it is.

The power of the unaccountable social partners not listed in the constitution.If social partners are wanted appoint the feckers to the Seanad and make them accountable.Farmers, unions, builders, nuns, I dont care.

An ineffective old man in the Aras is hardly going to change that -I am not saying Gallagher would but maybe it would shake things up.

You posted
    Originally Posted by raymon viewpost.gif

My greasy dirty FF mop comment was in response to cdfm talking cliches like Gallagher will shake things up in the Aras or he is a new broom .
    so please don't criticise me for speaking the truth in response to cdfm s cliche "shake things up"

By the way I belong to no party

I dislike liars from all parties equally

Aside from the "broom" which I did not say I refer to "it" (the election) and the system of government in Ireland.

So you are clearly misquoting me and taking my words out of the context in which they were written.

Pot & kettle methinks.

The most telling thing for me about SG's campaign at the moment is that it has dragged all the usual FF supporters on this forum out from whatever rock they were hiding under.

I think even they are bemused by how ignorant the electorate really is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

ahern_i_755490t.jpg

I am not spinning it,to read some posters he ran the country and FF. .

While we are on the subject of alleged misquoting please provide a reference for this misquote.
    Which poster said this ???

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    The most telling thing for me about SG's campaign at the moment is that it has dragged all the usual FF supporters on this forum out from whatever rock they were hiding under.

I think even they are bemused by how ignorant the electorate really is.

very constructive post

While we are on the subject of alleged misquoting please provide a reference for this misquote.
    Which poster said this ???

You suggested that the Fianna Fail Ard Chomhairle and its members ran the country and had power I challenged that notion.

I raised John Bruton's analysis/criticism from January where he said that Ireland is ruled by civil servants who use the oireachtas to rubberstamp their rule. I also cited senior irish academics about the de facto system of government you said it was off topic.

You asked for a debate on the subject on a seperate thread , which I agreed to and you withdrew.

So you popped up with another tabloid thread which is just as classy as this one.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056422167

It is a pity really, as a decent debate on the election and the floating FF & FG & SF voters would be great as would the permutation of an active presidency.

Seeing that you say you are not a member of a party I am left wondering why the threads. Did you sit together in school or did something happen at a disco in the Kylemore in Cavan, cos something is driving this cutting edge analysis and I would love to know what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Wallflower

Sean Gallagher is not telling the full truth about his very very recent involvement in FF in my opinion

There are various sightings of him at FF meetings up until a few months ago

This appearance was from February

[url]Http://mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11920:dragon-heralds-dara-as-the-face-of-change&catid=94:election-2011&Itemid=38[/url]

I don't like dishonest people

Concentrating on the specifics of the original post above and despite the smokescreen, and deflecting of the focus of this thread to issues around other candidates and side issues.

According to him (originally) he left the party in 2009, and wasn't active.

However....he was a member of the supreme body of FF, its National Executive in 2010, and launched the campaign of a number of FF candidates in 2011.

What's to see here? Blatantly lied through his teeth and his efforts to undo it (6-1 news) were cringeworthy. Nothing more to discuss, move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 bandit14

I agree x 1000%

Wallflower wrote: »

Concentrating on the specifics of the original post above and despite the smokescreen, and deflecting of the focus of this thread to issues around other candidates and side issues.

According to him (originally) he left the party in 2009, and wasn't active.

However....he was a member of the supreme body of FF, its National Executive in 2010, and launched the campaign of a number of FF candidates in 2011.

What's to see here? Blatantly lied through his teeth and his efforts to undo it (6-1 news) were cringeworthy. Nothing more to discuss, move on.

I agree completely . He is a liar and will not get my vote.

Wallflower wrote: »

I would have liked to hear that from Raymon.

Considering I am not a SG supporter anyway what harm can it do.

I answered Raymon's questions and if a misunderstanding is affecting Raymons credibility - it would be good that he has the opportunity to clear it up.

You suggested that the Fianna Fail Ard Chomhairle and its members ran the country and had power I challenged that notion.

Never said that , please don't misquote me

Seeing that you say you are not a member of a party I am left wondering why the threads. Did you sit together in school or did something happen at a disco in the Kylemore in Cavan, cos something is driving this cutting edge analysis and I would love to know what it is.
    You are getting very personal now, but I will answer nonetheless

I dislike liars in office. I have spoken out about dishonest politicians in the past from all parties.

I don't personally know Gallagher . I am disgusted by his lies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

http://www.facebook.com/groups/153684594727038/

Sean Gallagher truth page...post/ edit at will!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Dishonest business man in politics shocker!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Never said that , please don't misquote me

You offered in a post to debate the issue and then edited your post deleting the offer.

And you have not answered my question as regards my post.

You are getting very personal now, but I will answer nonetheless

I dislike liars in office. I have spoken out about dishonest politicians in the past from all parties.

I don't personally know Gallagher . I am disgusted by his lies

I did not think you were holding up your own preffered candidate to the same standards that you are applying to SG.

And, I will always give the underdog a chance, and when you posted you should have expected to be challenged.

I happen to believe that the Presidency is an important office and even more important during times of coallitions.

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Dishonest business man in politics shocker!! :eek:

Politician In Difficult Answer Scam :mad:

I did not think you were holding up your own preffered candidate to the same standards that you are applying to SG..

Can you please stop trying to derail the thread with whataboutery and annoying attacks on me ( did I meet him at a disco etc )

The smokescreen you are creating is getting tiresome

My position is clear

He lied because he because he said he had no involvement in FF since 2009

Please be respectful and keep on the OP

Can you please stop trying to derail the thread with whataboutery and annoying attacks on me ( did I meet him at a disco etc )

The smokescreen you are creating is getting tiresome

My position is clear

Who is using smokescreens and who is using 'whataboutery'???
    Gallagher is not a new broom , more like a a dirty greasy FF mop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭polod

SG is a FF gangster full stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

And, are such views in a President of Ireland in the National Interest ?

The presidency doesn't have views on foreign policy though, does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I'm wondering has Gallagher surprised himself here.
    At the start I had the distinct impression that this was a dummy run for a later tilt at the Dail, what with the minimum expense, no posters etc campaign.
    Still don't think he will win it.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I'm wondering has Gallagher surprised himself here.
    At the start I had the distinct impression that this was a dummy run for a later tilt at the Dail, what with the minimum expense, no posters etc campaign.
    Interesting point. A bit like the Dana presidency bid being a platform for a later EU parliament run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Rather have him than a murderer or a bible basher.

The presidency doesn't have views on foreign policy though, does it?

Well Mary McAleese never invited anyone over , I think she might have and made private visists.

And, we have never had a president who has not obeyed the conventions.

The office is a legacy from that of Governor General of the Free State.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I don't know if he is lying but I do have some footage of him with his pants on fire:
    Homer_pants_on_fire.jpg

:P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

He put a charity bet on yesterday. Now did a charity give him the thousand euro, or did he pay for it from his earnings? Hard to save a grand, when you only made 200pw last year.

beertons wrote: »
    He put a charity bet on yesterday. Now did a charity give him the thousand euro, or did he pay for it from his earnings? Hard to save a grand, when you only made 200pw last year.

Higgins leant him the money - he had it to spare from hos 100,000 plus a year pension.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

higgins is already in receipt of 3 pensions, which is way more than 100,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Laughed to see Sean Gallagher doing an impersonation of Vladimir Putin on the 6:01 News .... looking forward to the follow up topless poses later in the week. :o Will the Xmas calendar be the first entrepreneurial exploit of
    Gallagher's Presidency ..... given his eyesight problems hopefully he steers clear of the AK47 poses!
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

beertons wrote: »
    higgins is already in receipt of 3 pensions, which is way more than 100,000.

i saw a fig of 120 k pa mentioned once but erred on the side of caution

thats like 3 times the average private sector wage

huge money

i saw a fig of 120 k pa mentioned once but erred on the side of caution

thats like 3 times the average private sector wage

huge money

Sounds like he could teach the unsuccessful Gallagher a thing or two about how to make money as well... :pac:

Sounds like he could teach the unsuccessful Gallagher a thing or two about how to make money as well... :pac:

There was a text today on one of the radio shows that said we should vote higgins as he would be most likely to draw the Presidents pension for the least amount of time! A bit harsh but I am struggling for reasons to select a candidate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

The media seem to be deciding who will win.

charlemont wrote: »
    The media seem to be deciding who will win.

The electorate will decide on the day and while we are interested voter turnout will count for a lot.

Polls are one thing -voter apathy another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just waded through this thread as part of my research into who I'll vote for, as all I have been able to do so far is decide who I wouldn't vote for.

Having read all the comments here I have to admit I'm actually turning towards a number 1 for Sean Gallagher. Thanks for the input all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Just waded through this thread as part of my research into who I'll vote for, as all I have been able to do so far is decide who I wouldn't vote for.

Having read all the comments here I have to admit I'm actually turning towards a number 1 for Sean Gallagher. Thanks for the input all.

Doesn't really compute - the fact that Gallagher has lied about his FF membership has convinced you to vote fir him ? :confuses:

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Doesn't really compute - the fact that Gallagher has lied about his FF membership has convinced you to vote fir him ? :confuses:
    Your opinion is not accepted as everybodies opinion.
    Perhaps some of the stuff posted about SG being a mop, etc, has not been persuasive enough for some people not to vote for him.

Liam Byrne wrote: »

A certain section of the population will vote for people even if they have been shown to be less than honest .

Willie o dea comes to mind

I'm ok with people voting for liars - it takes all sorts to make up our population

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Arfan

Too right raymon. If we started purging people for being crazy we'd end up with an empty island!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement