Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who says that dogs can't be beautiful?

• 08-10-2011 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

I came across this just now and thought I would share it with you all. It's just the thing to brighten up a rainy day :)

Cara - the Galgos Girl

It's only a sample of the whole book, but I think the photos are just stunning. What a gorgeous girl!

Hope you like!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

There's a FB petition organised at the moment to try and help these beautiful dogs as, when they have outlived their usefulness, they are killed in the most brutal way. 6-8inch sticks are placed in their mouths vertically, keeping their mouths wedged open, to prevent them from eating or drinking and they slowly die of starvation and dehydration.

It's the most horrific thing you could possibly imagine to happen to such beautiful, gentle, sensitive dogs.

The petition is going to be handed to the spanish embassy here along with being sent to other places in an attempt to try and stop this barbaric practice from continuing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Thanks for the info Mary. I knew that the girl who wrote this book is giving a portion of the proceeds to a charity that rehomes these dogs, but I never knew that they were treated so badly :(

I'll try and find that Facebook petition and add my name to the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

It's so very sad to see the pictures on the petition page because those poor dogs are so sweet-natured and kind.
    What they do to them is beyond barbaric. Some people have no heart, no conscience, no emotions and, hopefully, are going straight to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

MaryK666 wrote: »
    There's a FB petition organised at the moment to try and help these beautiful dogs as, when they have outlived their usefulness, they are killed in the most brutal way. 6-8inch sticks are placed in their mouths vertically, keeping their mouths wedged open, to prevent them from eating or drinking and they slowly die of starvation and dehydration.

It's the most horrific thing you could possibly imagine to happen to such beautiful, gentle, sensitive dogs.

The petition is going to be handed to the spanish embassy here along with being sent to other places in an attempt to try and stop this barbaric practice from continuing.

What ?
    Why do they do that ? Can't the choke them or hit them with a hammer or something

I mean if they feel they have to kill them.

Is this true !?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I have googled stuff on this and I now feel physically I'll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

hey whats the name of the petition on facebook?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Tigger wrote: »
    I have googled stuff on this and I now feel physically I'll

I wish I hadn't opened this thread! WTF is wrong with people? :(

heno86 wrote: »
    hey whats the name of the petition on facebook?

Here's the link for anyone interested in signing the petition.

I was horrified when I saw pictures of what they do to these poor creatures so I've signed the petition already and I would ask anyone who cares to do the same.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Cruelty is never ending......and it keeps taking horrible new forms :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

This is, to me anyway, a new and sick way of getting rid of dogs .

I would love the sign the petition but I am wary of putting my name to things when I dont know anything about the group or people who are running the petition. As far as I can see the group is by "Animal Lovers"

Has anyone any other info on who this group/people are.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

OP here. I did a search on Facebook to find the link and found a few petitions relating to cruelty to Galgos dogs, but this one seemed to be the most recent.

TBH, I signed the petition without even thinking what group was behind it. I just felt that I had to have my say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

F ucking bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭too little too late

Gorgeous dog! :)

Advertisement