Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird radio station at 87.5 fm

Options
  • 08-10-2011 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

My car stereo has a habit of resetting itself and losing all my presets, so i came out of work yesterday (7pm) to find it on the default of 87.5

this is the first time its happened since i moved here and was surprised to find a station there. i was even more surprised to find the guy presenting it (and i'm being kind here) never properly learned the art of radio presenting. in short, he was (unintentionally) bloody halarious.

came out this morning and all there was was static....

...did i dream this? anyone have any info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

Radio Now 87.8fm. Found it recently myself, it's different alright!

http://www.radiowavesforum.com/rw/showthread.php?t=23021

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ClimberC

Me and the housemates used to break are selves laughing at that guy, if its who i think it is. does he play all country songs and songs about cork? If so its him. He aparently uses a home transmitter (like the good old pirate stations) and only broadcasts for a few hours in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

ClimberC wrote: »
    Me and the housemates used to break are selves laughing at that guy, if its who i think it is. does he play all country songs and songs about cork? If so its him. He aparently uses a home transmitter (like the good old pirate stations) and only broadcasts for a few hours in the evenings.

it was 50's rock and roll but that sounds like him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭seniorstaff

if he says
    HEWWO EVRYBODYYYY

hes been around for years, broadcasts from his attic,only on at night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Actually it is not just one guy doing hes thing in the attic at nights as said in previous posts.

For example, thats the info i found about it for last saturday. It's certainly a bigger project than said in this thread.

Last saturday: Today on RadioNow Ireland 12-2pm Outside the Box With Keith 'Lyspy' Keohane & @Galvin Keohane Giving you the best in Sports News 2-4pm Catch Steve O'c & Shane Hamilton B2B in the Mix Giving a taster of what to expect at Dave spoon Tonight, 4-7pm My house is your House With Brian Moloney Playing House Music Old&New 7-10pm The saturday Night Sessions With Shane Miller 10-2am Cork's Institute of Techno With Michal P Stropek, Ariel Piekarski, Cormac Jenhenry & more. Expect a mix of Sports,Deep & Jackin House,Electro,Dubstep,Techno and lots more on Corks Underground Soundtrack.

Maybe it used to be one dude doing something before... defo something bigger n better now.

• Advertisement

def not radionow, thats 87.8 and broadcasts with RDS

this is 87.5 he was on again on sunday afternoon, had to show the wife as she didnt believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Tut tut
    Cant believe you were listening.to commercial radio mr d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

def not radionow, thats 87.8 and broadcasts with RDS

this is 87.5 he was on again on sunday afternoon, had to show the wife as she didnt believe me.

Aa, lol, so it really is someone who comes randomly on air and then disappears the same way. Funny, lol:)

Tut tut
    Cant believe you were listening.to commercial radio mr d

as per my OP, totally by accident mr B! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ClimberC

Its fairly hard to pick the signal up, he must be using a ****e transmitter.
    We can only get it around the wilton area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭eoin88

Just picked it up this evening in Douglas, at first I genuinely thought it was a piss-take! Have to say the music is great though, I'll definitely be tuning in again!

Advertisement