Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

golf club recomendations

Options
  • 08-10-2011 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

im 13 off 27 (had one competition to get cut and i did) so im getting new clubs; new irons and a new wood at christmas but im thinking about saving up for either a putter hybrid or wedge ; which one should i get ? im putting ok and chipping alright however my long game (not my driving ever since i got the great callaway ft iz) is quite limited , ive ladies clubs and the shafts are too flexible ! i might get the cobra baffler rail h ? so please reply !!! what do you think i should get hybrid putter or wedge ?::D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

golfer98 wrote: »
    im 13 off 27 (had one competition to get cut and i did) so im getting new clubs; new irons and a new wood at christmas but im thinking about saving up for either a putter hybrid or wedge ; which one should i get ? im putting ok and chipping alright however my long game (not my driving ever since i got the great callaway ft iz) is quite limited , ive ladies clubs and the shafts are too flexible ! i might get the cobra baffler rail h ? so please reply !!! what do you think i should get hybrid putter or wedge ?::D

As you're 13, you are likely to grow quite a bit over the next while so if you buy a new club now it mightn't suit you too well by next summer. Think about saving for lessons instead because improving your swing at your age and learning good short game shots will always benefit you.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 golfer98

searay wrote: »
    golfer98 wrote: »

As you're 13, you are likely to grow quite a bit over the next while so if you buy a new club now it mightn't suit you too well by next summer. Think about saving for lessons instead because improving your swing at your age and learning good short game shots will always benefit you.

Good luck!

Thanks in the end I talked to the club pro who knows my swing very well and I get plenty of free lessons in the club I'm in. I actually almost grew half a foot over the last summer my rugby coaches were very happy about that ! I may be getting either the cobra baffler hybrid or taylormade burner , most likely the cobra club. And the irons I will be getting will be the cobra s3 graphite shaft or if I'm looking to go a bit more expensive ; the callaway razr x irons ! Thanks anyway :)

Advertisement