Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus Rampage III Black Edition

Options
  • 08-10-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi all does anyone know where I can get the "Asus Rampage III Black Edition" motherboard? Seems on a few irish websites its discontued?? Its on amazon for around 500euro!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

why do you need that board?
    do you already have the CPU?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭friedcircuits

I'm building a new gaming pc, bored with old one (year or so old). I was looking at asus rampage iii black edition with Core i7 Extreme i7-980X LGA1366 Cache 12M or Core i7 processor i7-960 LGA1366 Cache 8M but then the Core i7 2600K / 3.4 GHz - LGA1155 Socket - L3 8 MB seems to be better? Not sure of best gaming mobo for the latter. Also want to water cool and add
    Quad Sli with two gtx 590's

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I'm building a new gaming pc, bored with old one (year or so old). I was looking at asus rampage iii black edition with Core i7 Extreme i7-980X LGA1366 Cache 12M or Core i7 processor i7-960 LGA1366 Cache 8M but then the Core i7 2600K / 3.4 GHz - LGA1155 Socket - L3 8 MB seems to be better? Not sure of best gaming mobo for the latter. Also want to water cool and add
    Quad Sli with two gtx 590's

First question is why do you need all that apart from bragging rights :pac:

If its a gaming computer then an i5-2500k will give the best performance when overclocked. What sort of monitor setup do you have that you need 2 590s???

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭friedcircuits

deconduo wrote: »
    First question is why do you need all that apart from bragging rights :pac:

If its a gaming computer then an i5-2500k will give the best performance when overclocked. What sort of monitor setup do you have that you need 2 590s???

LOL don't care about bragging! if ppl like it ok but not looking for love! my last build still going strong just want to put more effort (money!) and time into new rig! i already have dual 24inch flat monitors. and thought i'd give water cooling a go maybe OCing can do that with current mobo but never bothered.
    Link for Quad SLI
    http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guides/how-to-build-a-quad-sli-system

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭trev179

1366 is on the way out so why bother the sandybridge-e out preforms it in every way just relax and wait another few months to spend if you want a top of the range spec'd system imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement