Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Shave

Options
  • 08-10-2011 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Any one know the best place for a hot shave around Kildare gettin married next month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

Roches Barbers in Kildare town is absolute tops my man!hot towel shaves to beat the band!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Joe Kelly's in newbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    Joe Kelly's in newbridge.
    i got a hot towel shave off joe a few years ago, think it was €35 but i felt stubble the same evening

• Registered Users Posts: 5 libertyboy

guil wrote: »
    i got a hot towel shave off joe a few years ago, think it was €35 but i felt stubble the same evening

As it's for his wedding,I am sure his plan's for the evening will include something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Crazy World

Whichever you choose, go for a trial. The only time i had one i was so red after it because i have sensitive skin. Last thing you'd want on your wedding morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Paul McGann is excellent and cheaper than Roches,

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Ed's American Barbers on the Celbridge Road in Leixlip.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

The only advise i'll give anyone is to go somewhere that employs a Turkish guy, they're the only ones that know how to do this gig ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

is there something wrong with doing it yourself with a new blade?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Lex,
    no, there's nothing wrong with doing it yourself, but the odd luxury is allowed. At least I hope it is, recession or no recession ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

headmaster wrote: »
    The only advise i'll give anyone is to go somewhere that employs a Turkish guy, they're the only ones that know how to do this gig ;)

The bloke in the American Barbers on the Celbridge Road, Leixlip (As mentioned above by another poster) is Turkish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

headmaster wrote: »
    Lex,
    no, there's nothing wrong with doing it yourself, but the odd luxury is allowed. At least I hope it is, recession or no recession ;).

I suppose, I've never had a hot shave in a barber, but can get a real smooth shave if i leave it grow for about 5 days and use a new blade and take about ten min

Advertisement