Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old sweat stains out of a silk dress

• 08-10-2011 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Haven't worn this dress in years and took it out of the wardrobe recently and left it into the dry cleaners-came back no different and the stains are really obvious. If another dry cleaner can't remove it either, does anyone know of any home remedies or something like that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

I find a solution of bread soda and warm water works - Ive never tried it on silk though. It should be fine so long as you dont scrub or agitate at all - this will only damage the silk. Rinse well or it will leave white powder behind. Good luck - let us know how it goes if you try it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have always used shampoo for cotton tee-shirts, etc but silk is a different ball game. 3 shampoos and rinses usually does it for cotton. This is alot of washing for silk, maybe soak it in a shampoo solution for a few minutes and rinse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sprinchase

I have not yet tried this product on silk but RAISE armpit stain remover is AMAZING!! I was very skeptical as i have tried many products in the past to remove armpit stains. Raise got out the stain in one wash!! I have even used it on old shirts that I thought were gonners and I can't even find a trace of the stain after I used this magical potion.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭PatsyR

Thanks so much guys I'll try it tomorrow and get back to ye

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Selbeep

Could you let me know please where I can buy raise armpit stain remover. Thanks a lot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement