Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone push notifications.

Options
  • 08-10-2011 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm having a slight issue with Push Notifications with an app I've made.

I firstly set it up to work on my developer profile and had the push notifications working on my two devices. However when I changed this over to public notifications for release It stopped working, I assumed all I had to do was change the address of the push notifications server and it would just work?

Does anyone know if you need to do something else, or did I just do something wrong?

Thanks!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Did you generate the production certs for the script sending the notifications? Does the script output any errors? Have you installed the production version on your devices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Draco wrote: »
    Did you generate the production certs for the script sending the notifications? Does the script output any errors? Have you installed the production version on your devices?

Hey I was using the same cert as the development cert for the realease?

Can you tell me what this URL is meant to change to?
    'gateway.sandbox.push.apple.com';

I tried running the production version but it picked up on the development preferences and didn't need to register. I was only NSLog'ing the registration key to make sure it was working correctly but don't have anything I could see on a release version of the app.

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Hey I was using the same cert as the development cert for the realease?
    First problem then. Different certs are need for send production push notifications.
    Can you tell me what this URL is meant to change to?
    'gateway.sandbox.push.apple.com';
    gateway.push.apple.com
    I tried running the production version but it picked up on the development preferences and didn't need to register. I was only NSLog'ing the registration key to make sure it was working correctly but don't have anything I could see on a release version of the app.
    Delete the app completely from your devices for a start. You get asked once a day about the push notification settings so you could change the time on the device. If it was working you'd get the same notification you'd see on the development version.

What are you using to send the notifications?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Draco wrote: »
    First problem then. Different certs are need for send production push notifications.

gateway.push.apple.com

Delete the app completely from your devices for a start. You get asked once a day about the push notification settings so you could change the time on the device. If it was working you'd get the same notification you'd see on the development version.

What are you using to send the notifications?

Brilliant, Thanks I shall look into this later then.

Using a PHP script linked to a database. Worked perfectly for developing, will get another cert then.

I've used APNS PHP for push notifications before and it gives you reasonable error messages so you can debug properly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement