Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CorkGigs.com whats happened?

Options
  • 08-10-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Does anyone know whats happened to www.corkgigs.com of late?

Before it was like a bible for gigs in and around the city from large concerts right down to small intimate (and often free) gigs. Lately it seems to have been neglected or for whatever reason listing have become bare and often events just arent listed.

An awful pity I must say offered a great service, a one stop place to go with out having to look across different venues and different promoters websites.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

I was wondering myself

stopped using it myself as the proc event guide worked out a lot better for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 absinth

ddubs wrote: »
    Does anyone know whats happened to www.corkgigs.com of late?

Before it was like a bible for gigs in and around the city from large concerts right down to small intimate (and often free) gigs. Lately it seems to have been neglected or for whatever reason listing have become bare and often events just arent listed.

An awful pity I must say offered a great service, a one stop place to go with out having to look across different venues and different promoters websites.

Partly because the owner of the site has been traveling and as the other lad mentions the peoplesrepublic one has matured and has most of the same listings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

Update: Web page now says

"Account for domain www.corkgigs.com has been suspended" :(

The PROC listings may be bigger and better, but I liked the simplicity and ease of use of corkgigs.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 absinth

AFC_1903 wrote: »
    Update: Web page now says

"Account for domain www.corkgigs.com has been suspended" :(

The PROC listings may be bigger and better, but I liked the simplicity and ease of use of corkgigs.com.

Web hosting company has had a monumental cluster**** by the looks of it. Uncontactable at present so can't do anything about it right now. Just before the jazz and all.

Advertisement