Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber frame companies

Options
  • 08-10-2011 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am hoping to build an airtight timber frame house and can't decide between 3 different companies.
    Company 1 : uses 180 mm Frametherm Ecose, with walls consisting of 193mm studs of C16 timber 600mm apart. OSB (or panel vent for €1000 extra) & frame shield tear resistant barrier on outside. Intello plus and Pro-Clima tape on inside. This co. does blower test but does not complete airtightness of roof. They say it is important to do this test as if you leave it to the very end to do airtightness, it can be to late to fix mistakes. They say it is better to leave studs at 600mm apart as at 400mm it increases cold bridging. This system is factory made to service battens.
    Company 2 : uses cellulose in a 184mm stud of C16. Solitex and panel vent on outside. SIGA airtightness on inside. Studs 400mm apart for sturdiness. This co. does not do blower test (to my knowledge) but air tights the whole house (roof included) and does an airtightness test at the very end. Walls manufactured in factory, cellulose pumped in after.
    Company 3 : Same as above but entire wall constructed on site with C24 Swedish timber and airtightness & cellulose performed by external company. This works out at €10,000 cheaper put I'm not so sure about it being done in site in my garage. A lot of the reading I did said factory built complete walls were better!

Anybody, got any guidance for me!!!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement