Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread closed

Options
  • 08-10-2011 1:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056413106

The above thread was closed by moderator "Oryx".

The PM I sent the moderator was:

"Dear Madam
    According to your OWN (and only) judgement, you decided that my thread is off topic. Yet, we had already opened a discussion with a SKEPTIC which was the point in the first place (I remind you that this is a SKEPTICS sub-forum)
    Please, I would be obliged if you could say to me if your decision is a final decision, or there is a supervisor of yours.
    As you can see, I am not doing ANYTHING behind your back, UNLIKE you who close threads, while there is EVEN ONE (apart from me) who takes part.
    I AM EXPECTING YOUR GUIDANCE. (AND SINCE YOU HAD THE TIME TO CLOSE THE TREAD WITHIN ONLY 1 DAY, I PRESUME THAT YOU CAN ANSWER ME IN 1 DAY AS WELL.)
    Regards.
    PS: you said: "This is a free speaking forum.". This is really sad.......
    You have to prove what you say, you know..."

I am NOT posting the replay, since I was not told I am free to do so.

I am stating the obvious here. Controversy paranormal phenomena discussed with skeptical. WHAT MORE OBVIOUS for this sub-forum??(??)

And I am asking again: Is this a free speaking forum?? (...the less obvious I am afraid)

I am VERY looking forward for your replay!!
    Regards.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP as this isn't DRP related.

And Oryx clearly stated the reasons on-thread anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 last777chance

Spear wrote: »
    Moved from DRP as this isn't DRP related.

And Oryx clearly stated the reasons on-thread anyway.

A skeptics related thread in a skeptics sub-forum!!!

1st) Is this a final decision or I can go even higher in hierarchy?

2nd) By not accepting the OBVIOUS, you have proven that BOARDS.IE (or at least some of its sub-forums) ARE NOT FREE SPEAKING FORUMS.......

3rd) I am obliged to warn Irish people (and more) what is happening in boards.ie

4th) Your STRANGE actions are giving me the right to assume many things about you.......

Please, I am expecting an answer about my question.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I hope it is ok to reply here, despite not having been invited to do so. I did reply to last777chance by pm, again explaining my reasons and referring them here if necessary. I can reproduce the pm exchange if required or I am happy for last777chance to do so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Oryx wrote: »
    I hope it is ok to reply here, despite not having been invited to do so. I did reply to last777chance by pm, again explaining my reasons and referring them here if necessary. I can reproduce the pm exchange if required or I am happy for last777chance to do so.

You're free to reply in the Helpdesk, this isn't a DRP thread.

But the usual rules about PM's apply, as again, this isn't a DRP thread, which means they stay private unless last777chance gives clear permission.

Exchange is probably a bit too big a word. :) This is my reply:
    As mod of the forum I am charged with ensuring that topics are posted in the appropriate place. As your topic is about religion and not fake videos, it is in the wrong place. I warned you go the first instance not to use the forum as a soapbox for your religious agenda. I am aware you tried posting your videos in photography prior to this.

Your thread will not be reopened by me. Any further threads on the same topic will be closed. If you disagree with this please take it up with a category moderator for the rec section or in the Helpdesk.

Thank you

Oryx

• Advertisement

A skeptics related thread in a skeptics sub-forum!!!

Please, I am expecting an answer about my question.

Don't you "care" to answer?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hi there, I'm an admin on the site, and as such the highest level you can appeal to. I've had a look at your thread and the videos, and read through this thread, and I can find no reason for Oryx to re-open the thread in its current form. You started the thread as a discussion on the content and veracity of the videos you posted, and that is something that is appropriate to the forum. However you quickly moved on to how miracles can help with "world ethics", and then subsequently into a discussion on Greek philosophy and how Christian ethics are superior. I'm quite happy for you to start another thread on the Skeptics Corner forum as long as discussion is limited to the content of the videos and whether or not they are real or fake. Any discussion outside this scope should be had on the Christianity forum, the Philosophy forum, or possibly even the Humanities forum.
    2nd) By not accepting the OBVIOUS, you have proven that BOARDS.IE (or at least some of its sub-forums) ARE NOT FREE SPEAKING FORUMS.......

Two things here. First, there is nothing obvious in anything that you posted. A few poor quality videos that could be of anything, and anyone is free to make of them what they will. Please don't impose your views on people who are free to make up their own minds about what they've seen in them. Second, Boards is a privately owned site and as such there is no such thing as free speech. If something is posted that is in any way detrimental to the future well-being of the site, it will be removed.
    3rd) I am obliged to warn Irish people (and more) what is happening in boards.ie

Please elaborate on what you mean by this.
    4th) Your STRANGE actions are giving me the right to assume many things about you.......

You are in no position to assume anything about anyone. If I were to take the same point of view, I would assume many things about you, and I have to say that you probably wouldn't like any of them. All our moderators here are volunteers and give their time freely to ensure that Boards runs as smoothly as it does, do please do not belittle their work just because it doesn't suit your agenda.

Zaph wrote: »
    .....A few poor quality videos ......

You are not here to judge the quality of the videos, since this is irrelevant to this decision.
    Please take this comment back.
    Please don't impose your views on people who are free to make up their own minds about what they've seen in them.

You are the ones who impose this ban and DO NOT LET all the skeptics and non-skeptics to say what they think INSIDE the post. You are the ones shutting their mouths with mine as well!!(!!)
    Boards is a privately owned site and as such there is no such thing as free speech. If something is posted that is in any way detrimental to the future well-being of the site, it will be removed.

This is laughable! How on earth this post can "be detrimental to the future well-being of the site?"
    Again, I am entitled by the discussion to say that it is OBVIOUS that your fascist reaction is caused by your deep anti-Christian bias.

Thank you for verifying to me that THIS IS A FASCISTS', NOT FREE SPEAKING FORUM WHO DOES NOT ALLOWED A SKEPTICS THREAD TO BE POSTED ON A SKEPTICS SUB-FORUM.

But let me elaborate a bit about why this thread is relevant to a skeptics sub-forum (although you will MOST PROBABLY say you do not understand).
    We Christians believe that HIGHER KNOWLEDGE and TRUTH is not a result of pure logic, but mainly of faith and Love, which are far more crucial to that. By speaking about the UNMATCHED CHRISTIAN ETHICS, the heart of a skeptic may start realising things, which don’t pop up merely by logic.

My last appeal to re-open the thread. Although I have the feeling that the possibility of getting anything fair, is limited.

I will be keep posting whatever the case.

In a last attempt at an explanation, I offer this. The skeptics forum is not there for religious skepticism. It is for the skeptical discussion of paranormal phenomena. Your post did not belong there. It belonged in a RELIGIOUS forum. Its not an anti Christian bias. Its an anti Putting-things-in-the-wrong-forum bias.

You are not here to judge the quality of the videos, since this is irrelevant to this decision.
    Please take this comment back.

Actually the quality of the videos is particularly relevant. You started with a post mentioning fake videos, and the quality of the videos you posted is so poor, particularly the second one, that they prove absolutely nothing, and could easily have been faked to convince those who want to believe they've seen something in them that isn't actually there.
    You are the ones who impose this ban and DO NOT LET all the skeptics and non-skeptics to say what they think INSIDE the post. You are the ones shutting their mouths with mine as well!!(!!)

I told you, you can freely discuss whether the videos are fake or not in the skeptics forum, but I also told you where to post for any of the other discussions you want to have.
    This is laughable! How on earth this post can "be detrimental to the future well-being of the site?"
    Again, I am entitled by the discussion to say that it is OBVIOUS that your fascist reaction is caused by your deep anti-Christian bias.

Thank you for verifying to me that THIS IS A FASCISTS', NOT FREE SPEAKING FORUM WHO DOES NOT ALLOWED A SKEPTICS THREAD TO BE POSTED ON A SKEPTICS SUB-FORUM.

It's funny how keyboard warriors throw around the word fascist when they don't get their own way. If anything, my politics are left-leaning rather than right, so your assertion that I'm a fascist is some way off the mark. And as I've already told you, you are free to post as long as you post in the appropriate forums.
    But let me elaborate a bit about why this thread is relevant to a skeptics sub-forum (although you will MOST PROBABLY say you do not understand).
    We Christians believe that HIGHER KNOWLEDGE and TRUTH is not a result of pure logic, but mainly of faith and Love, which are far more crucial to that. By speaking about the UNMATCHED CHRISTIAN ETHICS, the heart of a skeptic may start realising things, which don’t pop up merely by logic.

The skeptics forum is a sub-forum of the Paranormal forum. So either you're accepting that religion is paranormal hokum and you've found the right forum for it, or you should go to one of the other forums I've mentioned and have a proper discussion there.
    My last appeal to re-open the thread. Although I have the feeling that the possibility of getting anything fair, is limited.

I think I've been more than fair to you. I've given you alternative forums to post in, but you seem hell-bent on posting in just this one. I'll state it one last time - the thread in Skeptics Corner will not be re-opened. If you wish to discuss fake videos, please start a new thread there, otherwise please start a thread in one of the other forums.
    I will be keep posting whatever the case.

Given that you are unwilling to follow the directions you've been given, this is very presumptuous of you. I suggest you start to read properly what I've posted above and take it on board, otherwise your remaining time on this site may be very limited.

• Advertisement

As I said, your position as a "fair" judge has NOTHING TO DO with the originality of the videos!! It is totally irrelevant.
    Once again , take your comments back concerning the videos.

Secondly fascism has nothing to do with left or right wings. It is a totalitarian philosophy. Stalin applied something like that (maybe like no other). Today's example is (your left wing) North Korea. Just for the sake of the definition!

But I do not feel I should spend my time with you.
    This closed thread as well as my future ones (WHETHER I WILL BE DELETED OR NOT), are easily a matter for Irish Courts, FOR MORE THAN ONE REASONS. All moderators included.

You have proven that this board is most probably owned by zionists of the "new world order" that would do ANYTHING to fight Christ and promote atheism, paganism and any other rubbish, as long as they keep away people from Christ.

"scripta manent"

I know exactly what I am doing.
    Do you need to go to your masonic lodge for instructions??

Please do not bother to answer. You have proven yourself.

This closed thread as well as my future ones (WHETHER I WILL BE DELETED OR NOT), are easily a matter for Irish Courts, FOR MORE THAN ONE REASONS. All moderators included.

Ah no, you really shouldn't have done that because now I've got no option but to siteban you. I tried to be as fair to you as I could, but you just wouldn't listen, and instead of doing what you were told to do you went all legal on us, which is an automatic siteban according to our rules. I should also warn you that any additional accounts you open to circumvent this ban will also be sitebanned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement