Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my cat trying to get home?

• 08-10-2011 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Ok, so something very strange has just happened....

6 months ago we had a stray cat start hanging around the house..(lets call her lion) Our house cat (maisy) (who was only about 5 months old) had no chance around her. We tried to keep them apart but the stray was just bigger and eventually bullied her away.. She literally disapeared into thin air. I searched high and low for her...looked under neighbours bonnets (she had a fondness for hiding in engines :eek: )

This morning I went out to get some logs for the fire (up early for the match) and there on the driveway was maisys collar...OHMYGOD I know its silly, but I'm very emotional right now..Its definetly her collar, no doubt about it... The stray (lion ) is still around-we 'belong' to her...she never goes too far and always ends up curled up at the front door or kitchen window...

I woke the other night,thought the baby was crying...it was cats..

So am I mad in thinking that maisy is out there?? Did she come back...did lion run her again??? can I seriously go looking for a cat thats been gone for 6 months?? Would she even know that this is her 'home'...

Ok so I am coming across a bit 'crazy cat lady' but I need your advice, and anyone experience anything similiar???
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Mo60

Your cat may have returned to see if the situation had changed.

Last year one of my cats moved house. As she got older she became very independent and did not like it when another cat appeared in our house. She disappeared for a week only to return having obviously been well fed elsewhere. She disappeared again after a short period, and stayed away for about a month. She only stayed for about an hour and off she went again.

Anyway, it turned out she had found new digs with a neighbour that did not have any other animals. As my cat , and the neighbour, were happy I let her stay there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

was she neutered? - when you said you heard cat noises at night, mating is what springs to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

If the stray was not neutered and maisy was she had no chance. It sounds like your cat is trying to return but cats are very territorial.

Tom cats make that noise when facing up against each other, normally when a female cat is in heat.

Advertisement