Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best €20 pre-pay plan?

Options
  • 08-10-2011 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, sorry if this has been asked before but just wondering what is the best prepay deal out there at the moment?

I'll be spending around €20 a month on credit, free texts to any network at all times are essential, are there any good offers out there at the moment I should look at? I think Vodafone and O2 have very basic plans for €20 a month? Someone told me to consider Three but I'm not sure what their signal/overall service is like?

Should mention I have no interest in Meteor or Tesco.

Any advice/tips appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Best offer is Three by a country mile. BUT, test it out in your own area for signal, etc. Get a free sim from Three and use it in an unlocked phone for a week or two, just to confirm that it works to your satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭JaneLane

I'm on Three and it really is the best value! Free calls to three mobiles anytime, free calls to any network at the weekends, 3000 txt messages each month and all you can eat data! Plus I think they use o2's masts so as far as coverage goes you're sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

€10 free credit for life is gone now. Its now €5 for 10 months

• Advertisement

Its a very recent move, as in last week afaik. And rather sneakily introduced too:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Even with that change 3 still have the best pre-pay offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Finished 1st Oct, anyone on prepay before that keeps the €10 for life offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

What was the 10 for life offer. I have a 3 sim I got a few weeks back.

If you had topped up by €20, you should have it now, along with the AYCE data.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I haven't been using it. 10 in when I bought it. Thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Glad I got in before the free €10 for life offer ended! As others have said though, it's the best prepay going and IMO the only prepay offer to consider if you're a smartphone user. I've devised a way of getting maximum value out of your €20 a month.
    Once your 30 days of top up bonuses have ended, go to my3 and buy the €5 500mb 30 day internet allowance from remaining credit (99c per MB otherwise). You'll then have the €10 3 have given you plus what's left from your original top up for calls and texts as well as 333 free webtexts which can be used using one of the webtext apps (K2/Cabbage) and the use of viber for free Wifi/3G calls and texts between other friends who also have it.

Can easily get 2 months out of a €20 top up I reckon although this obviously depends on how heavy a user you are.

Advertisement