Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teeth Whitening Advice

• 08-10-2011 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

Hi,

My teeth have gone a bit yellow and I don't like it. I smoke a small bit and drink the likes of tea a good bit and there's probably other stuff discolouring them too.

Now, I'm not sure on the price of clinics that offer laser treatment but I'd say I can't afford it. Does anyone know of any tried and tested strips or toothpaste that will actually whiten your teeth? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 markj2009

try Crest 3D Whitestrips. Only available on the web. Cost roughly €50 for enough for 14 days. I'm trying them now and does seem to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

I use these and they are FAB :D
    crest-supreme-1__03664_zoom.jpg
    This is the link to where I get them from and reviews here also
    http://sale.dentist.net/products/crest-whitestrips-supreme
    I dont use them as often as they recommend,I ony use them once a week or so but I dont drink tea or coffee or smoke. They can cause sensitivity if you use them a lot. Great noticable results though.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

Thanks for that. So it looks like Crest are the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Bear in mind that the Crest Whitestrips Supreme (as posted above) are the strongest ones with 14% bleach :D

whitesmile clinic are on citydeal or boards deals sometimes for 100 euro, they're laser and i recommend them. normally they're 200

i tried crest strips, just basic ones, and they were good enough as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

My bf and I split a pack of the Crest strips we ordered from cheaprogaine.com as recommended on Beaut.ie..

They defo seem to work a bit, we only used half a pack each as stated and there was a definite difference, they look cleaner and whiter although you're not going to get crazy American bleached teeth from it, they'll just look a bit whiter, cleaner and altogether nicer!

We're going to order another pack eventually, they're definitely worth trying before you opt for a very expensive option!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

First off I'd advise a good deep clean from a dental hygienist, I was going to get mine whitened for my wedding but didn't need to after I had a good proper clean, the difference is unreal and even 3 months later people keep asking did I get them whitened.
    After that I would advise against any whitening that uses a Hydrogen Peroxide gel, I had a really bad experience in one place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IsaMtq

There is a brill product called Rio Dental Polisher which is great for cleaning your teeth at home in between dentist cleanings. It will remove stains and there is a whitener toothpaste that comes with it that works quite well. Its available from http://www.happysmileuk.com/Dental-polisher-1008.html or you can also get it from argos - but i don't know if they also sell the cleaning paste that you need with it. Highly highly recommend this.

You really need to have all stains removed from your teeth before you clean them otherwise the stains will remain and become more prominent because the rest of your teeth will be whiter.

I just posted this info on another thread about teeth whitening too so will add here aswell:

Have to agree with the crest strips - i think i saw them in boots or some other chemists here that sell them, but you can also purchase on the net for quite reasonable a price. You need to use them twice a day 1/2 hour each time for the first week, and then just top up as you need them - they do work really well. They are not that comfortable in your mouth so once you have them in you really need to relax your mouth for the 1/2 hour but you get used to it. Crest also sell a whitening mouthwash which you can buy anywhere and really works.

I had laser teeth whitening at the derma clinic and would not recommend it (the whitening - the other services i've got there were great) It was agony, my teeth were sore for days and the results did not last! Waste of money for me.

I now use a mouth guard top and bottom which i got fitted at the dentist €250 - but well well worth it, it'll last you forever, the only thing you need to buy is the top up bleach which is cheap enough and lasts a while. Its comfortable, easy to use, and long lasting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 fordey101

Great website for buying crest whitestrips is www.tanzone.ie you can buy the supreme ones for €3.50 each, i used 5 packets (one per day) and really noticed the difference! Get a good toothpaste for sensitive teeth though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭postgrad23

Ask the dental hygienist to clean your teeth. They're much better value than the dentist and they remove most stains and polish your teeth. They can tell you if the staining is permanent and needs to be bleached out, or if it's just stuck to the surface.

Then try crest white strips. They're really good but they gave me searing toothaches for about ten minutes after using them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Sashiee

does anyone know Is there anywhere online you can buy the crest whitening supreme online using laser??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PrettyV

I Found iwhite to be amazing, its fuss free and you can really see the difference, here is a site i used , and they also let you pay by laser :)

http://www.beautyfeatures.ie/Products/506-oxygen-activated-teeth-whitening.aspx

Hope thats helpful

Advertisement