Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When was your first time

Options
  • 08-10-2011 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

on the LUAS? Apart from the first week it opened and everyone used it because it was new and free :D

Did you start using it right away, or have you only recently used it for the first time? And if you haven't used it, why not? And do you want to use it some day, just to try it out?

I ask because I had to go to Fortunestown yesterday and had no other way to get there. After applauding myself for getting on the right LUAS, I felt strangely excited, as you do in all new experiences. It was a largely uneventful journey, but I enjoyed it none the less.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

never used it and dont intend to, looks as dull as a weekend in offaly. they should have put in vintage trams that reflect our city, not some silver carriage without character or style.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Only used it the once. Quite useful I guess but I dont live in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I live in the schticks so it was up and running and good while before I got near it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

I've only used it once. Had no problems. Tho from what I've heard you get more scumbags on it than during the average bus-ride.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

never used it....hate going to dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Think I've only been on it once or twice. No great shakes.

Once you've been on one modern tram, you've been on them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Never, ffs, i still have issues with escalators! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Red Line - 30 September 2004. During its first week.

Never been on the Green Line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

never used it....hate going to dublin.

Slowly,slowly, nice and easy ....the next Dublin bashing thread starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I was on it before it went into service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Never used it. but then Ive only been to Dublin twice since it started.

Used Trams in Amsterdam and Krakov ? Wound up travelling in the completly wrong direction in the latter thanks to the lack of signage/information w języku angielskim (bloody mad foreigners with their talking different and using the wrong side of the road.......) but managed to (unintenionally) skip the fare for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I dunno like 4 years ago or something, it's hardly a milestone like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

went on it about a year after it opened, was nothing speacial when compared to public transport in other countries, and isn't exactly hard to get lost on OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I cant remember when it was. I just know I was going to see a hurling match with my parents (I dont even like hurling but I used to tag along) and I got it from the red cow into the city. I remember thinking how slow and loud it was.
    That was ages ago.

Now I use it about once a year when going to concerts in the O2. Its grand and imagine Dublin would be even ****tier without it. Sure there is a lot of junkies, and homeless people around it but once you get past them its cool.
    My trick is to get on right behind the drivers cab, most scum try dont go there. Or at least I found during my few experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Fbjm wrote: »
    I felt strangely excited, as you do in all new experiences. It was a largely uneventful journey, but I enjoyed it none the less.

You should try the bus, its a riot. Top deck, front. Go wild :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

jaykay74 wrote: »
    You should try the bus, its a riot. Top deck, front. Go wild :pac:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Mousey- wrote: »
    went on it about a year after it opened, was nothing speacial when compared to public transport in other countries, and isn't exactly hard to get lost on OP
    What does public transport in other countries have that makes it special ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I was on the first ever Luas.

I win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

First time was 3 years ago when I got the Stephens Green link all the way out to Dundrum and was far quicker then the old bus route I used to take and and in same week , also got on at Collins barracks to go into town ...my only two times on the LUAS .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I think my first time using the Luas was about three years after it opened. Any time I've been in Dublin I be on the Luas fairly regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I cant remember, I hate the thing though full of scum (tallaght line of course) too many stops and all within 10 minutes walk of each other. Its quicker to jump on a bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Who planned the stupid thing? It doesn't even cross the river. Bit stupid that you have to make a 10 min+ walk to continue your journey.

Oh, first and last time I used it was Summer 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Unlike most commoners, I have never been fortunate enough to copulate on the LUAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Who planned the stupid thing? It doesn't even cross the river. Bit stupid that you have to make a 10 min+ walk to continue your journey.

Oh, first and last time I used it was Summer 2007.
    Eh what river are you talking about? The red line crosses the liffey does it not? I've only been on the green line. First time was from town to Dundrum about a year after it opened. Last month I got it from town to Milltown and back. I found it to be very efficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

First time was about July 2005 and then almost daily for the following four years. Rarely now as I no longer live in Dublin.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Dunno, I rarely ever use the damn thing - maybe 3 or 4 times a year. It's only useful if you live on one of the two lines, both of which only service a fairly restricted amount of south Dublin. Plus it's too expensive - bus is much cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

I took my first Luas trip about 2 months ago, at the moment I have no car and the weather was to bad to cycle.

I was extremely impressed by it, its comfortable fast and very regular. I would like to see Dublin have more of them. If they could possibly get one for the Malahide road as it is one of the cities busiest arteries, at least it seems that way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Fbjm wrote: »
    I felt strangely excited, as you do in all new experiences. It was a largely uneventful journey, but I enjoyed it none the less.

I was excited as well with all the transport when I was in London this summer. The underground etc. is great, but the best is the Docklands Light Rail trains - they don't have drivers, so you can sit in the front, look out as if you were the driver - the excitement! :p

Advertisement