Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When was your first time

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

I was excited as well with all the transport when I was in London this summer. The underground etc. is great, but the best is the Docklands Light Rail trains - they don't have drivers, so you can sit in the front, look out as if you were the driver - the excitement! :p

Love doing that. Unfortunately, I have no reason to use it and feel a bit wierd going on it just for fun but nearly would.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

I have never used it but would if I lived in Dublin, I was in Paris in May and loved the metro and rer they stank and were full of crazies at night but that added to the experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

from Tipp but find myself in Dublin a good bit and have to say the Luas is a joy to use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Mark200 wrote: »
    Eh what river are you talking about? The red line crosses the liffey does it not? I've only been on the green line. First time was from town to Dundrum about a year after it opened. Last month I got it from town to Milltown and back. I found it to be very efficient.

Perhaps I should of phrased it better. The lines don't crossover. If I was on Connolly St side (is that North or South?) And I wanted to go somewhere on the other side of the river. Are there any stops on the Luas that I can use for both lines? As far as I remember I had to walk over the river to Stephen's Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Newstalk wrote:
    A man has died after being struck by a Luas tram in Dublin this evening.

It happened on Steeven’s Lane in Kilmainham close to the Heuston Station stop at around 4.30pm this afternoon.

The man was a pedestrian and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

The victim was aged 35.

His body has been removed to the City Morgue.

The road is currently closed to facilitate a forensic collision examination.

Luas Red Line were disrupted for much of the evening.
    Source: http://www.newstalk.ie//2011/news/man-dies-in-dublin-after-struck-by-luas-tram/

Somone obviously wanted to experience it after seeing this thread and got a little too close :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

joshrogan wrote: »
    Source: http://www.newstalk.ie//2011/news/man-dies-in-dublin-after-struck-by-luas-tram/

Somone obviously wanted to experience it after seeing this thread and got a little too close :pac:

That meant to be funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

From down the country but used it once with the aide of a Dublin friend of mine to go to the Zoo, had to hop on and off, it was weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

I cant remember, I hate the thing though full of scum (tallaght line of course) too many stops and all within 10 minutes walk of each other. Its quicker to jump on a bus.

the bus aras stop is the most pointless stop for any public transport system in ireland. it is literally a 20 second walk from the connolly stop! why!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Blisterman wrote: »
    I was on the first ever Luas.

I win.

The OP did say "Apart from the first week it opened", so you actually lose on a technicality :pac:

If you were on the ceremonial first Luas with Seamus Brennan and co, that doesn't count either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I've used it twice in total i think. Would have to get a bus from my estate to get the luas so no point using it, just stay on the bus if i have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

LUAS - Are they those electrical bus things you can get at Heuston station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

The LUAS is no great shake, people need to get over to Seattle and ride the slut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I first used the luas (green line) in about April / May 2005 shortly after it first opened and many times since. Never been on the red line but I believe it tends to be swamped and full of scroates - I've never found using the green line to be unpleasant.

The fasinating thing about the green line is that it follows the same path as the old Harcourt Line that closed in 1958. The Milltown Viaduct was built in 1854 and the route the line takes from Kilmacud to Harcourt is the same as the original line. As a kid I used to rockclimb in the area where the old line was previously layed around the Kilmacud / Balally area. It's amazing any of this route was never built on over the years and it was handy enough to resurrect.

There's a little history for y'all! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Been on it a few times because it was better than walking. I only used it three or four times when living in Dublin because I lived in the 'Mun and it never went anywhere I needed to go.

F*cking love the German trams, they're absolutely everywhere. The undergrounds are the best because they avoid traffic and they're a lot cooler in the summer time. Dublin could do with some subterranean sewer-trains!

Advertisement