Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance question??

Options
  • 08-10-2011 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Is it possile to insure two cars under the one policy for example have a starlet for every day driveing and corolla for the odd day/weekends. what companys do this and must u be a sertain age ect. or is there any other way about doing this, cheaply. :) Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you can insure pretty well anything, but not cheaply Im afriad! What you want to do would possibly be cheaper to do under two policies.

Possibly your company would switch your cover to the other car for you if its just the odd day or weekned.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ballz

i would like a starlet as a daily driver and ae86 aswell but to have the two insured so i could take any one! i heard if your insured in a car and have another car tax and nct'd u can drive it when ever you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Only if the "other car" is in somebody else's name, and also you will be only covered by 3rd party insurance.... no fire or theft (although a couple of AXA customers may disagree on the last point)

ps. your user name suits you. You ask this at the same time as you start another thread about supercharging a corolla....at least have the decency to wait an hour or so.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056414455

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ballz

Thanks corktina. No need to be a prick mgbgt1978 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

You are suggesting that you drive a supercharged Corolla while you only insure a Starlet......and I'm the Prick ???:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

@ballz - call the insurance company, they'll tell you what you can and can't do.

@ballz & mgbgt1978 - leave the handbags at home next time please.

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement