Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLHF

Options
  • 08-10-2011 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

http://www.glhf.co.uk/5-value

Anyone have any experience of this site? Apparently run by one fella. Some very good prices. Don't deliver here but you could always use deliverme. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Seems like an enthusiast who has set up his own site - and its very well done.

Prices are respectable, and there isn't any false advertising that I can see

I'd say if you emailed him he could arrange delivery to Ireland?

(exchange rate does make hardwareversand.de still a cheaper place to buy though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Seems like an enthusiast who has set up his own site - and its very well done.

Prices are respectable, and there isn't any false advertising that I can see

I'd say if you emailed him he could arrange delivery to Ireland?

(exchange rate does make hardwareversand.de still a cheaper place to buy though)

Prices are still better on HDWS? How much this cost to build on HDWS? http://www.glhf.co.uk/high/49-glhf-2500k-oc.html

Note thats the price without an OS.

Jaafa wrote: »
    Prices are still better on HDWS? How much this cost to build on HDWS? http://www.glhf.co.uk/high/49-glhf-2500k-oc.html

Note thats the price without an OS.

About 750 euros (770 built) and the GLHF PC is about 800 euros - very close on that one, although with HWV you can change some components (PSU, cooler, board) and squeeze in a SSD for that budget

Jonny7 wrote: »
    About 750 euros (770 built) and the GLHF PC is about 800 euros - very close on that one, although with HWV you can change some components (PSU, cooler, board) and squeeze in a SSD for that budget

I see. So is this lad able to even make a profit on this?

A small "profit" on each component, but I don't presume he can buy them in sufficient bulk.

If he can sell a couple of PC's a day he will definitely grow.

There's definitely a market gap for something like this in Ireland.. I think we'd all be shocked to know how many people buy overpriced machines from custompc.ie

At the end of the day most non-techie people just want a "gaming PC" from "Ireland".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

appears to be a decent site.
    I'm sure he would be prepared to ship to Ireland if he had a bit of interest from our side.

his prices are good, and fact he will OC and run stability tests is a nice little extra that's free of charge.

while I probably wouldn't use the site myself, if I found that I'm too busy to build and spec a PC for someone I would send them on a link to that. far better than anything Ireland has to offer.

the new Irish company that I won't name that's still shipping 9500gt cards with its €1000+ builds is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

hi guys,

I have an IT company involved in the Business Sector, but had been thinking about getting into Building Pcs, as some customers had requested them and I had done a few as Autocad Stations.

I could offer something like this for about €635 including VAT delivery anywhere in the country. Im not touting for business or anything but if it is something that there is an opening for ?.. There would be a 1 year Warrenty

Any comments greatly appreciated.

I would be doing this more as a hobby as i enjoy building, and margins would be very small, but the end user would have the backup of a reasonable sized IT company, and not just a single system builder.

I would calculate that it would be an extra about €245 for an I5 2500k with a 560 TI OC card and 8 gig of RAM, that i could prepare Overclocked.

Antec High Current Gamer HCG-620 - Power supply

Antec One Hundred - Mid tower - ATX

ASUS Graphics NVIDIA ENGTX550 TI,DVI,HDMI

Asus MB P8P67 Intel LGA1155 ATX

Processor - 1 x Intel Core i3 2100 / 3.1 GHz - LGA1155 Socket

4GB 1333MHz DDR3 HyperX Blu Kingston RAM

HD DESK 1TB 3.5" 7200 SATA 32MB

aidankkk wrote: »
    hi guys,

I have an IT company involved in the Business Sector, but had been thinking about getting into Building Pcs, as some customers had requested them and I had done a few as Autocad Stations.

I could offer something like this for about €635 including VAT delivery anywhere in the country. Im not touting for business or anything but if it is something that there is an opening for ?.. There would be a 1 year Warrenty

I would be doing this more as a hobby as i enjoy building, and margins would be very small, but the end user would have the backup of a reasonable sized IT company, and not just a single system builder.

I would calculate that it would be an extra about €245 for an I5 2500k with a 560 TI OC card and 8 gig of RAM, that i could prepare Overclocked.

If we are talking about the upgraded version of what you posted (ie the i5 and 560 ti card) the price would be 840 euro. As another poster has said the same PC can be got at HDWS for 770 euro, built. I think that anyone looking for those kind of specs is bound to know about sites like HDWS.

That said with the IT support you are offering and if you could do a similar thing to GLHF whereby you overclock the PC for the customer, this might tip people over the line to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

hi guys,

Unfortunately you cant compete with online prices unless you have the money to buy components in serious bulks, like 20+cpu etc...
    The rig you outlined can be had cheaper online incl VAT and delivery. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Jaafa wrote: »
    If we are talking about the upgraded version of what you posted (ie the i5 and 560 ti card) the price would be 840 euro. As another poster has said the same PC can be got at HDWS for 770 euro, built. I think that anyone looking for those kind of specs is bound to know about sites like HDWS.

That said with the IT support you are offering and if you could do a similar thing to GLHF whereby you overclock the PC for the customer, this might tip people over the line to buy.

There would be no way i could compete with HDWS, but with a quality build and local support, it might be worth the extra for a lot of people. Im going to have a look around my suppliers to see if i can shave of another few quid..

Id be sure enough that it might be a lot better value than what i can see on any irish websites at the moment.

My main supplier really only does Asus ,Antec & intel Kit.

Thanks for the comments tough..

• Advertisement

There would be no way i could compete with HDWS, but with a quality build and local support, it might be worth the extra for a lot of people. Im going to have a look around my suppliers to see if i can shave of another few quid..

Id be sure enough that it might be a lot better value than what i can see on any irish websites at the moment.

My main supplier really only does Asus ,Antec & intel Kit.

Thanks for the comments tough..

Yeah its certainly is a better price than any Irish site and I'm sure a lot of people would prefer to buy Irish if the option was there. Even if it was a bit more expensive.

If you do go ahead with it start off small and have a good range from budget to high spec stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hello I kinda know of the person that runs this site (just from gaming, jack/callisto) and he is a legit lovely fellow. He is a professional css player that sells pcs to a lot of gamers. If not building yourself this is a great site to go to. if you email him he will sort you out in any way probably. Nobody that buys from him has said anything but praise as far as I can see.

Advertisement