Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB Radio in Waterford?

• 08-10-2011 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Just rooting around for a new alarm clock radio and a lot of them are DAB radio. Can anyone tell me if DAB works fine in Waterford?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

There is a DAB transmitter covering Waterford, its run by local company Total Broadcast Consultants. It carries a load of interesting channels. From memory:

Radio Nova, 4FM, WLR-fm, Beat, Tipp-fm, KCLR, UCB, TalkSport, RTE 2XM, Sunshine.. probably more.

Out of interest, which radio is this and which shop?

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

This is the fella I was looking at

Phillips DAB Radio

and its in Tesco!

I normally listen to RTE1, Today FM and Newstalk so I might have to rely on the FM for those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Let us know which stations you can receive when you get it and what part of the city are you in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Would probably be a lot more expensive but you can get Wi-Fi radios too so you could listen to Internet radio stations as well as regular stations. Obviously you'd need a wireless Internet connection too. I think Argos have a couple of models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I'm not sure that radio has DAB+ capability - which is the standard that will be used here when DAB finally gets rolled out.

However for the moment the Total DAB multiplex carries most stations in standard DAB, so it will work.

All new Pure DAB radios do DAB+.

A.

• Advertisement
Advertisement