Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual Coil Cartos

• 08-10-2011 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭

Am i missing somehing with these?? All i've read is good things, but i haven't hadn't a good vape from them yet...

Currently i have 2, 2.1ohm carto's filled with 2 different 50/50 juices. Using an ego batt, i get feck all vapour, unless i hold down the button for about 3 seconds before i start drawing on them.
    If i crank them up to 4.5v on the provari, they perform, but it's a harsh vape...

i tried them a few weeks back, and thought i'd got a bad batch, but these ones are the same....

Any advice??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Currently i have 2, 2.1ohm carto's filled with 2 different 50/50 juices.
    Where did u get it from ?
    I've got 1.6-1.7 ohm dcc from TBS , they are performing well with Ego batt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Yeah, maybe resistance is just too high...I have a pack of 1.6ohm carts on the way, so we'll see...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

When I used them I thought they were good but I hardly got any vapour from them either. Prefer clearomisers in an arry tank now - clouds of vapour and they last forever

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

You should get a LR B type atty from the Bestshop - better than all the dual coils and carto's I've tried so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Gryzor ya traitor :D
    Stick to the Bulli !
    The ones Alec said from TBS work good, have a couple as a back up. Not mad about them but good to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sorry for hijacking, but what's the best type of thing to get for testing out different liquids (tornado / Ego)? Need to get more DCCs as well, but I'd like something that I can use to test a few drops of my home brews before filling a full cart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

510 atty, just drip into it
    cheap and easy, and you already have a drip tip to use cos of your dcc's

actually, i should warn that flavours can taste a little different in a 510 atty w/ dripping. They come out a little muted in a dcc, so maybe aim for something that tastes a little too strong in the 510.

that can go wrong too though, as I added way too much espresso flavouring to my coffee to get a real nice dcc flavour. and ended up ruining the juice for both the 510 and the dcc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I started out on dual coilers. I've always had to let them burn for a second or two before taking a drag. I've always assumed thats how they're used. I also drag on it for up to 4 seconds too.

There is variation from carto to carto too. I'd say roughly 10% of them have either way to high or low resistance. Could it be a bad batch you got?

derra wrote: »
    Gryzor ya traitor :D
    Stick to the Bulli !

Variety derra, variety ;)
    I started out on dual coilers. I've always had to let them burn for a second or two before taking a drag. I've always assumed thats how they're used. I also drag on it for up to 4 seconds too.

Sounds like you're using 2ohm aswell then?? Haven't received the 1.6ohm ones yet, so nothing to compare to...

• Advertisement

1.6ohm are whats needed on the ego batt alright...

picked up a pack of horizontal coil carts aswell, i'd take them anyday over the DCC's...great carts...

getting 2 of those horizontals tomorrow as well as a pack of C-E3 510 XL SMOKYMIZERS.

bestshop was out of dualcoils and I impulse bought

These ones? Need to restock on carts, so might try them out.
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/kanger-510-lr-horizontal-coil-cartomizer/prod_213.html

I've given up on the mega ones. Too pricy, even before duds.

yeah, that's them

i'll post some first impressions in the morning when I get them

gona have both batteries charged in the morning so I can throw one of each atty on its own battery and try them both at the same time.... kinda disgusted at myself

the smokeymisers are ok. there seems to be a bit more flavour than a dcc but it's not as strong.. if that makes sense at all. less vapour than a dcc but a decent amount I guess and the throat hit (using 12/14mg juice) is just about nonexistant. it's not terribly strong on a dcc either with these juices but there's something there.

one problem with them is the space between the top of the atomisedr and the drip tip fills up with juice as you vape... the review video i watched (that scott guy) said it didnt happen very often or too quickly but ive only been using them about fifteen minutes and it's happening almost immediately. im hjaving to take the drip tip out and put a bit of tissue in to clean it up
    overall.. they're not bad or anything but I still prefer the regular dcc's. somewhgere i can definitely see the smokeymisers being useful is when I splurge and pick up a lovely coffee flavoured juice, or if I want to test out some of my own flavour mixes so I'm definitely going to keep these around.. I just don't think they're good enough to wean me off my dcc's.

the horizontals... the first one i tried, I filled up and was dissapointed it. decent enough vapour but there was always a dry flavour in it. you know that flavour you get in a dcc that lets you know it's time to refill? that was always there in the background.. it kinda ruined the experience.
    i ordered two so I broke open the second one and the vapour production was a little better but the flavour was alot better. using the irishvapers r4 liquid and it's very sweet, definitely getting the flavour from the juice possibly more than I would with a regular dcc
    it's still less vapour than a dcc though and I don't get that sensation that I'm doing anything. I'm just inhaling and exhaling. I'll keep at it with the horizontals and smokeymisers for the day, but I'm gonna go online now and order a pack of regular dual coils as neither of these has impressed me enough to make me want to change.

also, **** syringes. ****ing hate them. I tried the condom method for the horizontal and it just did not work, the juice spilled up out of the condom and all over the desk so I had to drip into it like I would with a mega dual coil. The smokeymiser the only way you can fill it is with a syringe and.. **** syringes. I have a big ass mess of tissues on my desk beside me atm from mopping up spilled juice and wiping my hands/atomisers/batteries.
    fill condom, insert dcc, 1 wipe. vape.

so far the dcc has beat them both

actually ****, is there any where other than thebestshop that takes laser and has dcc's ? (and next day post?)

oh, irishvapers does. i was looking in atomisers not cartomisers
    yay

It's getting kind of annoying how inconsistent the whole technology seems to be. They might only be 1.50/2.00 a pop, but it still adds up when you're getting duds or carts that aren't quite 100%.

I've ordered a few horizontal ones myself, but just because my DCC is on its last legs so need something to tide me over.

yeah, whats more annoying for me is the inconsistency in how people feela bout them

one person can love a particular attie/carto and another can think it's just terrible, but that could just be down to what you were saying about the inconsistency in the product itself.
    im getting to like the smokeymisers more as the day progresses, I can definitely see these as being a backup to my dcc's. shortly after I made that post I started getting a dry/used up flavour in my second horizontal so i just put it down. will go back to it later, but i've pretty much given up on them.

overall though, dcc's are still my go to guys. I've tried the mega's, and now i've tried these two not because I dont like the dcc's but because I wanted to see if they could do what the dcc could do but better. when the mega worked it did, but having to shell out 4-5 euro for one atomiser that may or may not work to the best of its abilities... it's just too much. the smokeymisers kinda beat it on flavour but not on vapour and they're so much more fiddly than the dcc's.

one problem with them is the space between the top of the atomisedr and the drip tip fills up with juice as you vape... the review video i watched (that scott guy) said it didnt happen very often or too quickly but ive only been using them about fifteen minutes and it's happening almost immediately. im hjaving to take the drip tip out and put a bit of tissue in to clean it up

I had the same issue, things were gurgling after 15-20 mins...turned me right off..

Surprised you didn't get on with the horizontal coils. I thought they were as good as the dcc's....vapour was good, as was flavour...vapour is warmer than dcc's...

im gona try the horizontals again later today, its just of the two I warmed more to the smokeymisers so I went with them for the all day vape. enjoying them more now than I did this morning too, still not as good as a dual coil imo but definitely worth getting if dual coils aren't your thing. the flavour is still throwing me though, I cant decide if it's better than the dual coils or not. still seems kinda.. muted, but there's more of it. I dont even know how to describe it beause that doesn't seem to make sense.

and actually I just thought of something else that annoys me about ecigs :p
    what tastes amazing in one atty can taste completely different in another. my favourite juice in the tanks/dcc's was dk-tab... and it still tastes pretty good in the smokeymisers but it tastes so different. and the r4 i got from irishvapers was pretty damn good in the dual coils it just tastes aggresively sweet in the smokeymiser.... it's crazy.

--edit

I didnt get much gurgling with the smokeys. it happened once, and I just wiped the excess juice out straight away.. it's just annoying as hell to see the juice collect up there.. it's wasted juice if nothing else

also, **** syringes. ****ing hate them.

Meant to add this to the last post...Help is at hand :D

Juice is good value aswell...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

what tastes amazing in one atty can taste completely different in another
    Thats getting to me as well, at this stage I take my first pull from any carto with trepidation.
    I like the DCs tho, haven't had much trouble filling them and they taste a bit cooler and softer than LR cartos. They are handy its a pity they don't fit the cone, I've lost two because they get snagged in your pocket an without the cones support break at the bottom. They are also thirsty buggers, soak up juice and turn it in too vapor like its snuff at a wake.
    I'm going through about 6 ml a day on DCs without vaping any oftener than on other cartos. Oh and its not only the cartos that change the flavor, going from an ego battery to an auto 510 changes the output from the same carto. Much better flavor from any reg carto on a 510 for some reason. You would imagine that the ego battery would be better but it isn't always.

The stainless ones fit through the cone for me, and the black ones just about do (but will probably have the black part peel off easily). The clear ones are crap though. Very fragile, and way too wide for the cone. All the ones I bought fell apart very easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Ahh right, I got the clear ones so I could judge filling them.
    Good to know about the stainless ones, I have an idea how much they suck up now.

Yeah, that was the best thing about the clear ones - it was really easy to tell when it was time to top up, but the very poor quality isn't worth it.

I've stopped judging how much to put in, and just put less in and top up more frequently. My routine is to drip into one of the rubber caps until it's about 3/4 full, and push the cart down into it. Then take off the drip tip, and squeeze in the last few drops from the cap into the top of it. I find it a bit easier to judge than just pouring into the top of it.

the horizontals... the first one i tried, I filled up and was dissapointed it. decent enough vapour but there was always a dry flavour in it. you know that flavour you get in a dcc that lets you know it's time to refill? that was always there in the background.

Getting the exact same problem. First one - got a burnt taste from it. Second one is a slightly better, but very weak flavour and hit. Filling it was a pain too - filling the sock and pushing the cart into it doesn't work.

I'm getting really pissed off now with the inconsistency of these things. It's not just that one type works for some people, and not for others - you can buy the same thing and have it work differently. Spending a tenner here and there adds up pretty quickly.

And of course, the day I get the new type, thebestshop has the normal DCCs back in stock.

Edit - just tried it with a fresh battery, and there's definitely a burnt taste on the 2nd one too :mad:

yeah im still not sure about them

i left them both to the side and used the smokeymisers all day yesterday. used up 3 smokeymisers with diferent juices yesterday (they ****ing eat through juice) so this morning I decided to try thye horizontals again

no burnt/dry taste on one of them, the other is still the same

i dont get it

draw isnt as good asd a dcc though

ok
    1 problem I have with the smokeymisers.. the little cap you have to plug the whole you insert the syringe into

i was just after filling one up with juice, had the cap in the tweezers ready to plug the hole. the tweezers just snap closed together and send the cap flying across the room]

this thing is ****ing tiny
    it's hard enough to see when it's on your desk

OK, so all the carts I bought have the same problem - really burnt taste like you're out of juice. Really annoyed now, they're not even any use as backups as the taste is so bad.

Complete waste of money - unless I got a bad batch, I don't know how people could prefer them to anything.

Not sure lads, i've onlt had good experiences with the bottom coil carto's. No burnt taste...maybe the filler is getting burned...

I usually fill as below...from here
    Make sure the carto is completely filled, with the liquid evenly distributed in the filler material, before first use.
    The wadding must be thoroughly soaked with e-liquid before use; it is best to leave the carto a while for the liquid to soak in properly before using.
    Probably the easiest way of completely filling your carto before first use is to use the carto condom filling technique.
    (see video below)

• Advertisement

one of the smokeymisers is alreadyt giving me a dry/burnt taste :/
    ive been using three of them in rotation since tuesday.. this is ridiculous

Advertisement