Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Was I caught speeding??

Options
  • 08-10-2011 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey guys and gals,

Wondering if any of you can advise me on whether I was caught speeding today?

I was driving out the N4 from the city towards the West today, came around the road, traffic was heavy enough, when I noticed two Gardai on the left hand side along with their car, think theres a shop or some establishment there, one Guard was operating a camera sitting on a tripod. Its three to four lanes there, just a wee bit before you enter the motorway. I was in the outside lane.

I think its 80kph there, I was doing between 85-90kph when I looked down. Out at the bridge when you cross the Liffey, there was two Guards throwing stones into the river lol! :rolleyes: One had a bike, one had a car, whom gave no chase.

Would I have been caught speeding, were they only checking TAX and the likes or what do you think? Any feedback greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

The Liffey Decent Kayak / Canoe race was on today, so the Gardai chucking stones where probably waiting to help the traffic flow for the race teams.

With the Tripod, you may have been done, just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If you are going to be done for speeding, you'll get your notice in the post by next Thursday. From what you say, you might not be done. The 2 boyos on the bridge would have pulled you in if it was serious. Thats my take on it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dakota2010

Yeah I seen kayaks coming down the river from the left! Next Thursday, that quick! Thanks for your replies guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Usually theres a small tolerance allowed. Also on speedo s on cars they are never set to correct speed usually always 5 to 7 kmph out . But dont factor this in when driving in future:) You will know within a week or so .

If you seen Kayaks, you may have been in the 60kph zone. The only bridge I can think of on the N4 is at chapelizod. The race runs from Strafan to Islandbridge.

• Advertisement

No, the bridge, heading west, which crosses the Liffey is on the M4, its 120kph there.. Thats where the two Guards were and where I seen the canoes or kayaks to my left... :)

The bridge crossing the Liffey, is where is formally known as the Leixlip bypass, according to Google Maps!! It just comes of the N4!! :) Its 120kph there. Thats where the two idle Guards were, when I seen the kayakers/canoeers.. So Im grand in that respect.. :)

I now know where your talking about, it goes from 80 to 120kph. Should be ok.

Advertisement