Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulldogs v Boxer pups

• 08-10-2011 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

So, im planning on buying a bulldog puppy and have been looking around and doing research on the breed, but looking at some pics on sites like done deal there are a good few (excluding the scammers ads) even tho the bulldog club only has about 2 registered breeders on their list.
    Anyhow, some of these pups look suspiciously like boxer pups, and I was wondering if there is any bulldog 'experts' on here that can advise on what I should be looking for on inspection, aside from viewing the parents of course.
    Its the English breed im after not the American or French.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

BengaLover wrote: »
    So, im planning on buying a bulldog puppy and have been looking around and doing research on the breed, but looking at some pics on sites like done deal there are a good few (excluding the scammers ads) even tho the bulldog club only has about 2 registered breeders on their list.
    Anyhow, some of these pups look suspiciously like boxer pups, and I was wondering if there is any bulldog 'experts' on here that can advise on what I should be looking for on inspection, aside from viewing the parents of course.
    Its the English breed im after not the American or French.

Oh oh oh, you should be looking to see they're not boxers! :pCouldn't resist!!

Avoid Donedeal & go to a breeder, it's going to cost you but better then getting it from a puppy farm!! Bulldogs have so many breeding issues you need a responsible breeder so it wont cost you in vet bills & a sick/prematurely dead dog in the future.
    ***I'm by no means an expert*** If you get 1 teach him to skateboard, Tyson is Awesom :)

No vids?? :( here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziDeUbifKIM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Thanks for the info, according the the bulldog breeders club, there are only 3 breeders registered with it, but lots of ads i have seen say that the pups are ikc registered, but that necessarily might not be true. I dont necessarily need it with papers as I dont want to breed from the bitch I plan to get.
    Trouble is, aside from a club, where do you go to get one. Dont want to have to go to uk!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sassychick

i went over to pet expo today and there was a bull dog breeder there..if you get a chance you should go over and have a look they had some lovely pups and could answer any questions you might have:)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Stacey.

Boxers >>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

get a boxer hehehe

• Advertisement

We have 2 in the family, I ADORE them as a breed..Maintenance wise in terms of excercise higher than the shorter legged bulldog, Im doing my research before getting one and from what I can gather they are content with lazing about snoring, and need shorter walks..If im wrong please correct me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Stacey. wrote: »
    Boxers >>>
    boxerly wrote: »
    get a boxer hehehe

I 3rd this! Such great dogs! My big stinky 12.5 year old is snoring away at the moment! :)

He just cant skateboard! :/ :P

Valley bulldogs are the compromise! Boxer Bulldog breed, I've seen them described as agile as a boxer & as clumsy as a bulldog! It would be entertaining to say the least! :)

Most people go to the UK for them AFAIK & they aren't cheap! Great dogs though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Boxers love their walks but love snoring on your couch just as much.They seem to snore and fart while sleeping hehehe,who said men cant do 2 things at once hahaha.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180858_192512060773088_100000428853757_607809_3974511_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Would you consider rescuing/adopting instead off buying? Some shelters may have some boxer's for rehoming.

Im not after a boxer..

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

I think your thread title Bulldog V Boxer made people think you were trying to decide between them. You really are best off going through the bulldog club, stay away from internet ads etc. Be aware that there are a few people breeding the olde english bulldogge now as well. I assume its the chunky, chubby brit you're looking for? Ask to see the parents, ask to see their papers, ask about hip scoring and results- british bulls are extremely prone to hip dysplasia so both parents should be scored. Most reputable english bulldog breeders will have a waiting list for pups though so be aware that you might be waiting a while.

Advertisement