Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundproofing impact noise through partition wall?

• 08-10-2011 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hey all,

I know sound proofing has been done to death but has anyone found any good solutions or companies that can help with reducing impact noise?

I live in a terraced house with apartments on one side and a house on the other. On the side with the house I can hear nothing, no footsteps, or kids, or doors etc. Alls good, but on the ground floor i can hear every step of them in high heels or boots (which are worn every day) and slamming of doors (both their main back door and internal doors) and any noise on their floor. The builder obviously cheaped out on 2 out of 6 partition walls as the top floors are perfect. Speaking to them isnt an option as they are, to be blunt, assholes, we had one run in already.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Corkboard and a double layer of accoustic plasterboard with a small air gap aswell.

Thats what I had done in my hhouse ind the difference is unreal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

Cheers Paddy, ill look into it. Did you have a problem with noise from people walking in high heels on wooden floors?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

kwalsh000 wrote: »
    Cheers Paddy, ill look into it. Did you have a problem with noise from people walking in high heels on wooden floors?

I had worse than that.

Advertisement