Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice sought on contacting business's

Options
  • 08-10-2011 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

hi all,

iv never set up a business before and am looking for a little advice and direction here.

I have a home made product that I feel would sell quite well in small to medium size garden centres, places like the orchard in celbridge, johnstown garden centre, maybe even bnq, woodies or atlantic homecare places like that, places like that. my question is when you go inside these places the majority of people on the floor dont have anything to do with purchasing . If I have a product to sell and want to "pitch it" or advertise to places like these with the intention of them buying off me and selling it in there store, what would be the best way to try do this?

looking forward to hearing from people

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭moggie4000

Hi,

The best way to get into these places is firstly ring them up, try getting the right person to talk to. For example in the garden centres, some of them have a purchasing manager so just ask for them. Have you any sales experience?

The other option is to bring your samples into them and show them off, samples are always good as people like to see, touch and feel a product.

As regards Woodies, BBQ. We tried to sell into Woodies recently, when i phoned the head office i got hold of a guy in purchasing who said send us in a presentation of your products and if we like them, we'll ring you back. So again, don't be afraid to ring these places, you never know who you could get talking to!

Moggie

Advertisement