Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

few basic 3d tv questions

• 08-10-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Im looking to purchase "50" 3dtv mostly for for ps3 3d gaming
    i feel on this forum i may get more straight answers than in an electrical shop just maybe wanting a sale.
    ive googled a bit and so far i think that to get the best picture possible on the ps3 in 3d i need to have a plasma screen
    if not i would ask for information on what exact type screen i would be best with plasma, lcd led.
    i look forward to replies and asking few more basic questions as im ready to purchase but need to be sure before buying budget max 1500 euro but quite happy to keep nearer to the 1000mark if possible
    thanks

also are the myths about plasma tv's true eg
    tubes need some form of refilling
    less of life due to the bulbs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Alkali X

When I started shopping for a television - I though plasma was the way for me - I have finally decided on getting a LED/LCD though. With 3D - plasma might be better for you though - in my opinion.

Contrast = Plasma used to be the only way you could see "true black" and get a great contrast. That isn't true any more with the back side LED/LCD TV's. Some of the best LCD/LED televisions have just as good contrast as a plasma.

Refresh rate or Hz. = Plasma refresh rate of 600 Hz = LED/LCD refresh rate of 200 Hz (I think). When playing games or watching sports I think this would be important to keep a sharp picture. This varies with brands and the specific technology they use but that is something to think about as well.

Cost = for your price range and the size you want you could buy any plasma available for 3D that I have seen in Germany. With LED/LCD you'll be limited to some older LED/LCD models with great pictures (this is what I have decided to buy) - but the not latest 3D technology.

3D - I am not up to speed on what makes what better - but with your budget and size requirements - I think they could fit a lot more of these features on a plasma.

Energy Use - If you are going to consider it in your price calculations - pick the plasma you would by vs. the LED/LCD then calculate how many thousands of hours you'll have to use your television before the increased cost of electricity pays for the increase in price.

I am no expert and don't actually own a big screen television yet. I have just spent the last 4 weeks reading stuff on the internet and standing in stores looking at TV's in my free time.

Advertisement