Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updating OS on a laptop and adding programs, advice needed

• 08-10-2011 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all.

I've a 2 year old Dell Inspiron 1525 that runs Vista. I can upgrade to Windows 7 for free through MSDNAA and I have to download a program with these requirements:
    System Requirements
    Supported Architectures
    32-Bit (x86)
    64-Bit (x64)
    Processor
    1.6 GHz or faster
    Memory
    1 GB RAM for x86; 2 GB RAM for x64
    An additional 512 MB RAM if running in a Virtual Machine
    Hard Disk
    3GB of available hard disk space
    5400 RPM hard disk drive

And I must also download MS Office 2010.
    Should I leave the updating of my OS or will my laptop be able to handle all this? I dont have any large programs on it at the moment but it isn't the most powerful computer in the world :P

All advice appreciated! Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

You have put on the system requirements but left off your own systems specs so its not possible for anyone to tell, the main issue you will have with upgrading to a new OS is having to reinstall drivers for the upgraded version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

When you get to the stage of downloading applications (Skype, anti-virus, etc.) try www.ninite.com, it's a great time-saver.

Advertisement