Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rec: URGENT: Banned From Motors. Personal details shown

• 08-10-2011 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

I received a ban on the motors forum from Chris for what I can assume is being abusive in a response to another user. I have personal information displayed and I cannot defend my position. I have request a lift of the ban, or for the thread to be removed, as I am being accused of serious things and I cannot access the thread, making me powerless to defend my position. I need immediate action on this issue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Apologies to Admins for posting here without invitation.

For info the thread has been deleted due to the fact the situation may "go legal".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

goz83 wrote: »
    I received a ban on the motors forum from Chris for what I can assume is being abusive in a response to another user.
    It was. The reason given for the 3 day ban was personal abuse. No matter how annoyed you may feel at having your version of events questioned, "get real you idiots!" is not an appropriate response and will always attract a sanction.
    goz83 wrote: »
    I have personal information displayed and I cannot defend my position. I have request a lift of the ban, or for the thread to be removed, as I am being accused of serious things and I cannot access the thread, making me powerless to defend my position. I need immediate action on this issue.
    A PM to Chris would probably have been a quicker mechanism; however, as the thread has been deleted, I presume we can mark this matter resolved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

In fairness, he did PM me also. I acted as soon as I saw it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Closing this thread.

The ban is upheld, and the thread in question has been deleted so any PII is no longer on view.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement