Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic Book Store in Athlone

Options
  • 08-10-2011 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey guys, Martin from Roswell Comics here. Just letting you know We're opening up Athlone's first ever Comic book/Pop culture store soon! (End of October)
    Located in Irishtown - Where Myth & Magic used to be! Be sure to check us out.
    Any feedback would be awesome!
    http://www.facebook.com/RoswellComics

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Mart0 wrote: »
    Hey guys, Martin from Roswell Comics here. Just letting you know We're opening up Athlone's first ever Comic book/Pop culture store soon! (End of October)
    Located in Irishtown - Where Myth & Magic used to be! Be sure to check us out.
    Any feedback would be awesome!
    http://www.facebook.com/RoswellComics

comicbookguy.jpg

Worst. Comic Book Shop. Ever.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The very best of luck with the venture, hope the geekdom will come out of their shells and support you. However, if this is where you're setting up base then you might find it kinda hard to attract passing traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Myth and Magic was here, a better spot than those dead shops by the Texas carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mart0

Thanks for the replies guys!
    Nah, As Zuben said, The shop is on the 'Mainstreet' of lower Irishtown. Across from the Sound Factory. The Texas carpark is pretty dead all right. I think that shop "Attitude" has been closed for about 4(?) years.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Mart0 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys!
    Nah, As Zuben said, The shop is on the 'Mainstreet' of lower Irishtown. Across from the Sound Factory. The Texas carpark is pretty dead all right. I think that shop "Attitude" has been closed for about 4(?) years.

You'll be my new shop neighbour :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Mart0

Enderman wrote: »
    You'll be my new shop neighbour :D

Awesome! Make sure to come in and spend all your money check us out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

has this store closed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Seems to be, anytime I pass the shutter's down. Think the stock that was in the window is gone too, just a poster left if I had seen it correctly (was driving by).

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    Seems to be, anytime I pass the shutter's down. Think the stock that was in the window is gone too, just a poster left if I had seen it correctly (was driving by).

I was thinking when I drove by last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

Has it been reopened??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Athlone DnD

Nope the store is gone, unfortunately.

Nope the store is gone, unfortunately.

Why did you close it

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

I thought a few weeks ago I seen some activity in it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I thought I saw this place open just before Christmas...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I believe it's another phone repair shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I was really hoping this place took off. But it's always seem to be closed. I mange to get in once and the power went off in the shop. It seems to be phone covers and that type of stuff etc...shame.

Advertisement