Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finlux Soarview box with ext usb drive

Options
  • 08-10-2011 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,
    I purchased a finlux soarview box and a verbatim store 'n' go 500 gb portable hard drive a month ago. was working fine no probs went on hols for 2 weeks used drive to record one weeks tv shows used dvd recorder for other week due to epg constraint. Got home was delighted it recorder all programmes i asked of it. problem i encountered when I started watching some of the recordings it could be after 2 minutes on some, 5 on another or even 20 minutes programme would go to start of recording again get as far as the 2 min and again go to the start so could not view whole recording I know that the whole programme was recorded on all occassions as if I fast forwarded X 2 it would allow me go through whole programme if I stopped at any stage and pressed play it would again go to the very start only out of the 15 recordings i was able to watch 8 properly but i was afraid to interfere in any way once recording started ie fast forward rewind pause just in case i would be back to square one again. some recorded programme would just press play leave adds run and everything but it would still loop back to the start if i tried going at faster speed than 2 it would go completely out of programme. Thought I could put hard drive on my laptop and watch that way but no luck as i dont have tv tuner on my laptop and it would not allow me open files in media player or anything else. Don't know if anyone has encountered this problem could do with any help anyone can give..........thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You could download VLC and see if it can play the files. Its free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 irishmaria

thanks will try that see if it works

Advertisement