Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in a heaven as you were taught in school?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

No

Its a construct to allay our fear of death.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Well all these belts of bombs I'm wearing better mean something...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

A man has got to believe in something, I believe i will have another beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Yes I do, I believe there is something that is either heaven or something like it but don't believe all things religious though! I believe in God and others in the bible existed but don't believe their story and what goes with the whole Catholic Teachings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Heaven is on earth man :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

AH turns another corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

yer already there OP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Remember what it was like for you for all of the billions of years before you were born?

That's what Heaven is like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

I never really understood heaven I would imagine it to be a very boring place. Like what do you do there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

On the topic of eternal life (which I think is what Jesus (you know, the guy who was the authority on all things Christian) spoke about):
    Death is not an event in life: we do not live to experience death. If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present. Our life has no end in the way in which our visual field has no limits.

That was Ludwig Wittgenstein. A noteworthy "fruit 'n' nut case" who could've been a damn good Engineer if he hadn't gone & thought too much about thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Yes, it's a place where the second guitar solo from Comfortably Numb never ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

In school Heaven was all fluffy clouds and goodie two-shoes types and angels playing harps. To be honest I thought it looked like a load of shyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

You don't 'teach' children about heaven, hell, god, jesus, bhudda, Mick Hucknell etc

You indoctrinate them with made up bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

No. I believed heaven was some place where you could finally get real light-sabres.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Stacey.

Nope, I don't believe in religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I am more interested in Hell TBH.

The version we have been told was told in "God's" book, which is obviously gonna be a bit biased. Satan hasn't written his own book or tried to give me a sales pitch, but the way I see it, Hell is gonna be better than Heaven because that's where drug dealers, hookers and other awesome people go. Hell is more likely to be a constant party than anything.

Heaven has a lot of your family who have lived nice "wholesome" lives, I don't wanna associate with those people for the most part now, so why would I want to spend eternity with them? Give me a whore with a line of coke across her ass who can crack open a bottle of beer with her vagina and I'll be a happy man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Heaven is a tight, warm & moist snatch.

So yeah, there's plenty of heaven on earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭IcedOut

I do belive in heaven because theres no point in not believing in it.
    If there is a heaven wouldnt it be better to believe and go to heaven, to not believe and go to hell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

If it's full of the crazy religious people who knock on my door, old ladies, Ned Flanders' and the majority of RTE rejects that I think it will be, then I think I'll pass.

Naw, don't believe in any of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Do you believe heaven is a place on Earth?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

There's going to be a lot of pissed off corpses when they realise that there isn't a heaven..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Heaven and Hell, great album.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I cant believe there are no hard core atheists after posting here yet... Anyway, yes OP I believe in an afterlife, weather it is like what I learned in school I don't know. There are a few descriptions from people who have died on this link...

http://www.leslieflint.com/recordings.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Nope. I don't think I do. I guess it's nice to think that when people you love die, they're somewhere nicer or whatever, but I dunno, I don't believe in heaven.

I cant believe there are no hard core atheists after posting here yet... Anyway, yes OP I believe in an afterlife, weather it is like what I learned in school I don't know. There are a few descriptions from people who have died on this link...

There's one small problem with those dead people.

They're all alive.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I went to a non-religious school, was not religious then, am not now and never will be. No Heaven, or Hell for that matter.

I mean don't get me wrong - I would love there to be an afterlife so I could see Jack and Pusskins and Mittens again but I just don't believe there is one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Haven't believed in heaven since I started thinking for myself rather than being told what to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

There's one small problem with those dead people.

They're all alive.;)

Well I suppose anybody who is in heaven is still alive, maybe not in a physical sense like you and me...

Advertisement