Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway break with a baby

Options
  • 08-10-2011 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hoping to head to Galway during the midterm for a few nights. Love Galway and try to go down at least once a year. But this year we will have our 1 year old daughter with us. I'm looking for some advice or suggestions on where to stay (normally stay in the radison and would consider staying here again as it has a pool) and things to do that would provide some entertainment for our girl. I've been looking up different adventure and play areas but from reading them its hard to know if they would be suitable for her when she is only just on her feet.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

The Ardilaun is a 4* which has a pool and AFAIK have a kids club. I guess your daughter is too young for a kids' club though.

This hotel in approx 5km from city centre and has nice grounds.

Salthill Hotel was recently refurbished and has a pool. Food is excellent. Overlooking Galway Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭galwayfellaBETA

Don't have accommodation suggestions but when our little ones were 1+ we'd head into town, bring bread for the swans/seagulls (the kids love this)..... then a few minutes in the playground beside the swans... then into Milanos or theTownHouse who are both super baby friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

The Salthill Hotel is a nice 4 star and I think the rates are pretty reasonable too. They've an excellent pool too.

Advertisement