Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.243 ammo

Options
  • 09-10-2011 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

does anyone know a
    dealer selling .243 75 grain norma ammo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭hunterpajero

badshot wrote: »
    does anyone know a

try paul o halloran in drangan or maybe stakelums rod and gun in thurles,they usually have a good selection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭silverfox1

atlantic shooting and fishing in carlow has a few boxes as far a i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

badshot wrote: »
    does anyone know a

i didnt know you could get 75gr norma ammo, what is it like. is it balistic tip,hollow point or soft nose.

i only have my .243 a couple of weeks and i want to try out as much different stuff as possible.

i was getting great groups with 75gr hornady custom hollow point. i even shot a sika pricket with them.

i am using 95gr sst superformance at the moment and it is working well

what do you use yours for

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    i didnt know you could get 75gr norma ammo, what is it like. is it balistic tip,hollow point or soft nose.

i only have my .243 a couple of weeks and i want to try out as much different stuff as possible.

i was getting great groups with 75gr hornady custom hollow point. i even shot a sika pricket with them.

Norma loads a 75gr Vmax in the .243. Meant to be a smashing round from friends' reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭badshot

poulo6.5 wrote: »

crows foxs deer
    it really is an excellent round
    at least my steyr really likes it
    only problem is finding a dealer who stocks it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

only problem is finding a dealer who stocks it
    Duffy's in Galway have it,least theyy did when I bought mine a couple of months back..

The Hornady 95gr sst is doing well fro me as a deer round.
    Only thing is,it is savage money.Appx 34 euros a box if I recall.:eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭silverfox1

they are a fairly explosive round. shot a couple of deer with them this season but i think they are more suited to fox shooting. never seen damage like it when they hit a fox.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement