Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At what age are you allowed to go into Town?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

i'm from kildare and i went shopping up there when i was 14 with no parents. mammy told me that it would give me experience for when i'm older. :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

irishbird wrote: »
    what is the reason yuo want to go in to the city? Is it just to hang around central bank or do you have a purpose?

i dont agree with this hanging around town business, that's how you get in trouble.

The city isnt a place for 13 year old children to be hanging around unaccompanied

How does one "get in trouble" hanging around town?

Why isn't the city for 13-year-olds? I mean what makes the city any worse than the local town centre / street / park etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

monument wrote: »
    [

How does one "get in trouble" hanging around town?

Why isn't the city for 13-year-olds? I mean what makes the city any worse than the local town centre / street / park etc?

Always going to be more chance of getting into a fight or getting mugged in town because of the sheer convergence of large numbers of other kids in
    town from all over the place. Plus more junkies and theft in general especially if you are from a quiet area and not used to it. Plus you're are better known in your own area and people will help you out.

Not saying I wouldn't let my kids in or that I didn't go in myself or thati It's crazily dangerous but there is always going to be more trouble in urban places where large numbers of people congregate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Started going in with friends when I was 14 or so. Never had any bother 'til I was 17 and got mugged. Don't stay around Stephen's Green around 7 when everyone's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

I was about 12 when my mother left me go into town on my own, got married when I was 30 then I wasnt left go into town anymore on my own :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I was allowed in about 16.

But I had to start a thread on an online forum first and show my parents that everyone else on the internet was allowed in at that age too.

Which was difficult because it wasn't to be invented for another few decades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Which was difficult because it wasn't to be invented for another few decades.

:(

I'm not that old.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

My first time i was allowed in with friends i was 12 or 13. We got lost though and couldn't find our bus stop for hours so i wasn't allowed in again for a while! :o

Advertisement