Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overheating Motorola 2247 Eircom Router

Options
  • 09-10-2011 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Anyone else had overheating problems with this model router? Daughter recently hurt her hand moving the router to get something. Compared the heat generated by our home router to various friends routers and there is definitely something seriously wrong.

Phoned Eircom to report the issue amidst concerns that the overheating of both the router and the transformer/plug are at least a mild hazard to anyone who touches them but more importantly a potential fire hazard if left plugged in overnight or while out of the house.

The response I got was disappointing as their customer service rep said that there is nothing they can do and the only options they can offer are to enter into a new twelve month contract or purchase a new router from them for €50.

Option three I guess is to move the home and business accounts elsewhere which is sorely tempting at this stage despite 20 years+ as an Eircom customer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

panacea wrote: »
    Anyone else had overheating problems with this model router? Daughter recently hurt her hand moving the router to get something. Compared the heat generated by our home router to various friends routers and there is definitely something seriously wrong.

Phoned Eircom to report the issue amidst concerns that the overheating of both the router and the transformer/plug are at least a mild hazard to anyone who touches them but more importantly a potential fire hazard if left plugged in overnight or while out of the house.

The response I got was disappointing as their customer service rep said that there is nothing they can do and the only options they can offer are to enter into a new twelve month contract or purchase a new router from them for €50.

Option three I guess is to move the home and business accounts elsewhere which is sorely tempting at this stage despite 20 years+ as an Eircom customer.

Hi panacea,

Thanks for getting in touch with eircom's Forum on Boards.

Apologies for the delay and for any bad experience you've had with our Customer Service. I can assure you that all our agents will try their best to treat all queries professionally and in respect in your own case re : fire hazard /modem.

If you PM me your home phone, or eircom Account, number and a contact number (mobile) I will follow this up as a matter of priority.

Regards,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭panacea

Thanks for posting a reply on my thread Ant

I dont have my latest invoice to send you my account number but my home number gone to you by pm

Regards and thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭panacea

Thanks for taking the time to contact me earlier today Ant - much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

panacea wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time to contact me earlier today Ant - much appreciated.

Thanks panacea,

Contact me directly any time you have any problem whatsoever. /Easiest either twitter or here on Boards.

all the best
    Ant

Advertisement