Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Nostalgia Anyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Nope. Looks and sounds sh1t. To be honest never actually played bf2 or whatever that was. 2142 was the game for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

KilOit wrote: »
    Nope. Looks and sounds sh1t. To be honest never actually played bf2 or whatever that was. 2142 was the game for me

The vid is of DC which is a BF 1942 mod, BF 1942 being the maiden BF game.
    BF2 came along after with some of the DC mod makers working for DICE i believe.
    You never played BF2?
    Man you missed out bigtime also BF Vietnam, the original not the BC2 expansion.
    As for **** graphics and sound in that vid remember BF 1942 is alomst 10 years old, it had genius gameplay.
    The game was groundbreaking tbh,it was amazing to have a game with 64 players tearing it up on foot,in vehicles and aircraft, ffs consoles of today still cant do this :rolleyes:
    BF 2142 was average at best tbh, ranks very much at the bottom of the BF franchise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

ahhh good times, unlike the BC2 sequel that BF3 has turned out to be :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Dcully wrote: »
    The vid is of DC which is a BF 1942 mod, BF 1942 being the maiden BF game.
    BF2 came along after with some of the DC mod makers working for DICE i believe.
    You never played BF2?
    Man you missed out bigtime also BF Vietnam, the original not the BC2 expansion.
    As for **** graphics and sound in that vid remember BF 1942 is alomst 10 years old, it had genius gameplay.
    The game was groundbreaking tbh,it was amazing to have a game with 64 players tearing it up on foot,in vehicles and aircraft, ffs consoles of today still cant do this :rolleyes:
    BF 2142 was average at best tbh, ranks very much at the bottom of the BF franchise.

Jesus I remember playing it on dial up on a 56k modem.
    And TiG`s first ever clan match was a DC one if I remember rightly.DC was and probably still is the best in the Battlefield Series even though it was a mod.I still load it up every now and again just to check and theres still loads of servers up.And I still cant fly those choppers.Took hours of practice to fly them well.

2142 was ****e in my honest opinion.I uninstalled it after a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I still rank DC as the best multiplayer FPS I've ever played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

desert combat was class,i loved it.
    BF vietnam was really excellent and the fun we Tig lads had on it was awesome]
    great memories

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

I was admin of the DC server on games3.iol.ie for a while, I think Revhellfire was in charge of the servers at that point.

I still remember playing DC at Darkside or Gamecon as being the most fun I had at a lan party.

Also agreeing with 2142 being ****, I decided to skip it after hearing about the in game ads they were proposing.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Ah memories, memories. DC was class, and thats when DICE had soul! Remember having to get patches mailed to me on CDR as internet was dial up and was not fast enough to even dream about downloading patches!

Aye Hell our first clan match was on Lost Village, just after we formed from a boards.ie group to a proper clan. We had great ideas about what we were going to do in the match, but it all went wrong at the start, some laugh though!

Guess BF will feature at the next tig lan big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Lost Village was awesome ,

with out that mod there would never have been BF2 , BFV, BC2 , or BF3

on EL-alamein I think they had a C-130 , flying spawn it was a big ass to try and turn. An the Helo's required real flying skills to get the hang of.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Joeface wrote: »
    .... An the Helo's required real flying skills to get the hang of.

I remember spending ages offline practicing the choppers so that you wouldnt look a fool online. In fact it was considered the norm to kick players who took choppers and clearly couldnt fly them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

It was all about , nice and easy and not too sensitive setup on the controls, And Aiming the weapons was an art form.

Had PS1 controller with analog , hooked up to PC , found it excellent at the time.

Going to a LAN on the 22nd of this month . Not DC , but DCX(final) will be played on the day. Just for one last run before BF3 kills them all off.

Advertisement