Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mary O'Rourke: any shame?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

goose2005 wrote: »
    I wonder what she thinks when her broadband is slow, or her telephone bill enormously expensive, or sees a queue of young people buying one-way plane tickets, or her country falls into near-bankruptcy.
    too busy eating n drinking tea n cakes n playing bridge i would imagine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Solair wrote: »
    She can talk, she's always opinionated, available and she's entertaining so she will always be welcome on the radio.

I can think of far worse guests!

her and that,ahem pr guru,terri prone in the same room, where's the valium. i remember she refused to back on fg motion in the aftermath of the roscommon sex scandle, despite her initial work on earlier child referendum draft. she publicly made a threw away line,as if it was a sport, by saying it was cause it was an fg motion.great for running the gob but not much for independent mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Once again this woman was on newstalk this morning,does she not get it we have had enough of her...can she not just take the money and F**k off. At least coughlan stays off the airwaves!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

juuge wrote: »
    This is the broad that would not criticise Haughey over his treatment of her brother Brian on the basis that the party (FF) came first. What amazes me is the way the media court her nonsense and out-dated claptrap. When you see the devastation that she and her Fianna Fail cohorts did to our country I can’t for the love of me understand how she’s afforded so much air-time. Now let’s go to the stoning!
    The purpose of the media is to make a profit - people seem not to understand this in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Shes pure concentrated evil. But I like her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

there are many people in FF with integrity

Name one.

And, since this is a thread about the airhead who waffles better than Bird's Eye - do you honestly think say-one-thing-on-air-yet-vote-the-opposite-way, cheap-snide-shot-at-any-non-FF O'Rourke is one of them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭AngryLips

I think the highlight of her career has to be the time RTE broadcast an Oireachtas special to inform the nation that Mary O'Rourke tarnished the three leaders of the opposition parties (FG, Labour and Greens IIRC) "the three amigos". One of the funniest moments of Dail debate IMO :pac:

...it's just a shame she never made it to the Aras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Realistically, Mary O'Rourke has to be far from the innocent "Mammy" figure she portrays so well.
    She would never have survived for so long in Politics if she were.

I'm just wondering if she feels like she has a score to settle with FF because of the two Brians - and, if she does feel that way - will she use this book to settle that score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

I hope she has included in the book her part [in 1992] in moving the 3,000 tons of meat from a factory in Ballaghaderreen to a Tyrrellspass sandpit while moving it past a "state of the art" facility at Ballydonagh in her own bailiwick.
    A wonderful piece of public administration.
    Aided and abetted of course by the equally corrupt Westmeath Co.Manager.
    Somehow I think that will slip her memory.

• Advertisement
Advertisement