Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair shop still has my lens

Options
  • 09-10-2011 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

Hi, about 5 weeks ago my canon lens got dropped and it broke. There is a shop in town that I brought it to and they said they do repairs, they told me that they send them off to get an estimate on repair before fixing it.
    It took 4 weeks for them to get a quote. I was told it would take 2 weeks at the most, and I eventually got the quoted price after getting the guy in the shop to ring the place it was sent to and ask them. After half an hour in the shop, I eventually got a price and decided it was too expensive and would be better getting a new one, so I requested the lens be returned.
    That was nearly 2 weeks ago and the bloke in the shop is none to bothered about seeing i get my lens returned, even as much to be rude over the phone. Im getting very frustrated with this tool. I want the lens back to try get it privately repaired.

Tomorrow will be week 6 that they have it.

Can anyone tell me what options I have regarding this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Most Canon lens repairs tend to end up with the lens being shipped to the Canon UK service centre. Most Irish stores will only resolve simple lens issues. This is due to warranty and quality of the repair service.

There are different priority levels within Canon Service - 3 professional levels and then consumer. The consumer stuff will always be dropped down if a higher priority service item comes in, depending on the number of technicians available.

So, I'm not at all surprised at their time estimation.

But, once you request the lens to be returned, it should happen within 2 weeks.

There may also be a charge for their service estimate, something you should be aware of, and something they should have warned you about.

Advertisement