Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadow people

Options
  • 09-10-2011 10:26am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭

A couple of years ago me and my daughter were upstairs, out of the corner of my vision I seen a shadow (like a head) look from the hall into the room, when I looked directly at it wasn't there, so I presumed it was just my imagination, until my daughter said ' what was that looking in the door? Dad'.......

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Anything partly seen, or almost seen or peripherally seen has a hard task of being proven, no matter what we say about them or our own sureties about them. It's the one thing I keep coming back to - most ghosts or paranormal anomalies are only seen in low level light, or on the periphery of vision or between dream time and wakefulness, at times basically when our vision or experience is questionable. I believe in paranormal events, it's just the evidence that's hard to believe, and that's always going to be hard to balance.

That said, in reply to 'shadow people', when I was a kid I lived near an old graveyard, so naturally we built ghost stories around it, most prevalent was the imaginatively named 'farmer ghost' who appeared entirely as a shadow with a rimmed hat and what must have been a cape of sorts. Naturally we all saw it, in our houses, unleashing hell hounds, flying over houses where we heard someone died, the usual crap. Twice I'm definite that I saw it though, and both times I'm sure because I did everything I could to rationalise it. It was in broad daylight both times and with someone else, who's reaction to it ended my attempts to rationalise - once I practically walked into it, leaning against a fence, doing what I can only describe as smoking, the second climbing a wall and jumping back down behind it. Not peripherally or almost seen, both times I didn't accept I'd seen it until my friend panicked and ran.

There are things we don't understand, not everyone is lying about 'ghosts', but because of its nature the hardest thing to believe about the paranormal, due to shoddy research and old wives tales, is always going to be the evidence, which makes proofing anything impossible.

Advertisement