Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Chain-Retailers vs Elsewhere

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

jennygirl wrote: »
    who don't we or boards or local business start a campaign with large posters in windows "Shop Local" buy in Waterford and support 900 jobs (guess) - would it make a difference. ive seen it in Wexford town, seems to work.

I tried to do that recently, and seriously wasted my time. Was hoping to buy two pieces of sports equipment which are stocked in most major sports shops, and I've been buying these same two pieces of kit for about 10 years.

I live close to Dundrum Shopping Centre and all three of the sports shops there were stocking both products, and all the same price. I decided that as I was going home at the weekend I'd try and buy it in Waterford.

So, I went to four shops in Waterford. Three of them chain, one of them family owned. NONE of the shops in Waterford were stocking one of the items, and only one were stocking the other item, and at a way higher price. I ended up buying it in Dublin for about 30% cheaper. Won't be planning many shopping excursions in Waterford for a while again.

Advertisement