Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotch Quay and that area.

• 09-10-2011 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Just wondering about this area?
    I am wanting to move there as it looks beautiful, but I do not want to make the same mistake as last time (moved to Rosslare Strand and experienced nothing but trouble from kids in the area, and tourists, horrible area!)
    Has anyone lived there, and can you please share experiences both good and bad...Please be brutally honest, just looking for a quiet peaceful place to live in Waterford.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

I lived there from 04 to 06 and I really liked it. Nice being close to the river and we felt we had the benefit of being close to town without actually being in the thick of it. There were 6 of us students in the house but weren't that type you'd get in Templars Hall :P and we had an elderly lady on one side of us and 6 polish lads on the other side. Never had complaints and never had to complain about anyone. Obviously there is a 'bad' element as you'd get anywhere (shouting drunks in the middle of the night etc) but it wasn't too bad considering the volume of apartments there. The area I found worse there was the other side of the road, as in, the main road from Bolton St. up to the Park Garage. (Can't remember the name of the St.) I lived there afterwards in McConnell House, a gated apartment complex and I lost count of how many times I was stopped by scum looking for money, cigs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Been living in Scotch Quay for a year and a half, love the place, great location for me with college and work, very close to town and never had any trouble at all down there. Would definetly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Living on Scotch quay for a year. Also really like the area. River on one side, the Park around the corner, plenty of places to eat and very central. It's also fairly quiet for the centre of town. All sorts of people living there.

Advertisement