Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FilmOn Update

• 09-10-2011 1:11pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm curious if anyone has seen the new update for this App.

It says that it's going to fix the bug to "Removed bug where users could stream using 3G"

To me, this is retarded. I want to be able to stream using 3G, why would they get rid of it?

Surely there should be an option to use WiFi or 3G?

If someone updates this could you please confirm that streaming using 3G is gone. As it stands I'm not updating it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Just downloaded it there and it will not start properly saying "error: No wi-fi connection." So it appears it only works with wi-fi which is quite retarded, so don't update it if you can. This is version 1.3 it says fyi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Seems silly alright, I'll skip this update.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Just downloaded it there and it will not start properly saying "error: No wi-fi connection." So it appears it only works with wi-fi which is quite retarded, so don't update it if you can. This is version 1.3 it says fyi.

Ah cheers for that anyways. Guess I won't be updating it so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Thanks for bringing it to our attention cereal rapist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

I updated last night :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

barryd09 wrote: »
    I updated last night :(

me too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

ok...just did some investigation on this :)

seems the whole 'filmon' version of apps have changed....the iphone app only lets you play on wifi.....but if you go to www.filmon.com on safari, the web app plays (exactly like the iphone app) over 3g.

now....it used to be, before yesterday, that you had to be logged in or the channel playing would only play around 10 mins max.....but i have had it playing 20 mins+ here and i think theres no restrictions now this way....i could be wrong...but 20 mins+ (on the same channel) makes me thinks this is a way to play it over 3g now instead, just bookmark www.filmon.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Yes, I spotted this last night but went ahead and update anyway. Glad I did because it now supports full AirPlay which I wanted, for foreign channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

I updated last night too. Lost the ability to steam over 3G, which was handy. Dunno why they call it a bug, it was useful. I wouldn't have updated if I had realised what was happening. I updated it along with a load of other apps without reading the blurb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I updated and it seems to be working better. I watched the full Arg-NZ match in great quality, where last week it was not as smooth with England-Scotland. Although that could be because I suppose there were many more users streaming that match.

My ipad is not 3g so I can not comment on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I think when you update an app and sync with iTunes, the previous version goes to your trash, and unless you empty your bin, it can be reversed, I think. I may be wrong on this, but if you delete the app from iTunes altogether, then manually move the previous version from trash/recycle bin to your "mobile applications" folder on your computer, then resync iTunes, I think you can recover that previous version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I'm in Korea.

When I downloaded an earlier version of FilmON, I got the version with the UK Channels. However, when I updated it, I got a different version that has no UK Channels. Just loads of useless channels.

Anyone know how to change the version I have? I wouldn't mind, but even though I'm in Korea, I go through the Irish app store so I don't understand why it downloaded a different version to the one ye have.

It's basically uselss without the UK channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

kraggy wrote: »
    I'm in Korea.

When I downloaded an earlier version of FilmON, I got the version with the UK Channels. However, when I updated it, I got a different version that has no UK Channels. Just loads of useless channels.

Anyone know how to change the version I have? I wouldn't mind, but even though I'm in Korea, I go through the Irish app store so I don't understand why it downloaded a different version to the one ye have.

It's basically uselss without the UK channels.
    Just checked and I have all the uk channels, could be that they are using your ip to determine location and adjusting the selection available.
    Just checked using a VPN and when I changed to the us VPN all the uk channels disappeared.
    Only option would be to get a VPN up and running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

swampy353 wrote: »
    Just checked and I have all the uk channels, could be that they are using your ip to determine location and adjusting the selection available.
    Just checked using a VPN and when I changed to the us VPN all the uk channels disappeared.
    Only option would be to get a VPN up and running

Is it possible to set up a vpn on the iphone 4 for free? And what do you put in the Server and Account fields in VPN settings?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

kraggy wrote: »
    Is it possible to set up a vpn on the iphone 4 for free? And what do you put in the Server and Account fields in VPN settings?

Thanks.
    couldnt tell you as then you'd have my account details, but i use a paid vpn from scotshosts aka ukproxyserver and they are 100% spot on.
    The full config details for ipad/ iphone or android is on their support site.

interesting that you say its not available in Korea.
    Im in Germany and the uk channels are available.
    Presumably the eu media without frontiers directive (which prohibits states stopping rebroadcasting of other states media services on their territory) is the reason its ok on the continent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Would I be able to change settings in this to get the Irish stations instead of the UK ones? The only Irish stations I get at the moment are UTV and BBC NI. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Kurz wrote: »
    Would I be able to change settings in this to get the Irish stations instead of the UK ones? The only Irish stations I get at the moment are UTV and BBC NI. Cheers.

No you cant but you can get all the Irish stations live at www.aertv.ie.

Advertisement