Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stanley Oil Fired Range Air Lock

• 09-10-2011 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi all.

I have a Stanley Rayburn Deluxe oil fired range. Ran out of oil now I have an air lock.

I opened the bottom left door and loosened the two screws on the black square thing where the oil feeds in. Bubbles formed followed by some oil and I tightened the screws. I pressed the big red reset button but nothing.

There's power in the socket but the red light between the oven / heating temperature knobs isn't on. Nothing happens at all.

Anyone know if I'm doing anything wrong or where the thermostat reset button is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

A few pictures would be good. It sounds like the hi limit stat may have tripped, loosen the screw like cap next to the thermostat and reset the little button there. This won't bleed your oil line that may still be a problem, thus the pictures to help further.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ciaran187

All sorted, cheers. The screw like cap between heating & oven temp knobs, under the red light. It covered a little green button. Pushed it and fired up. Lovely & toasty now!
    Thanks!

Advertisement