Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you believe in ghosts?

Options
  • 09-10-2011 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

If you saw one in real life. Do you trust yourself enough to say I saw one so they are real? or would u say that maybe u saw it wrong? Dont thank this post pleace, just asking the question.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭SandraManson

I have seen many before, and believe in them. Especially where my great-great grandmother died. It's up to the individual really whenever they believe or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Id genuinely think I was going crazy if that happened.

If I saw one and someone else saw the same thing thats a different story. But that wouldnt happen, which confirms my first sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Matthew23

I have seen many before, and believe in them. Especially where my great-great grandmother died. It's up to the individual really whenever they believe or not.

how do you know it was a real ghost? not a thing in your head?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

The brain is a tricky thing, when people see ghosts I dont think they are lying about what they saw. But I dont think what they saw is real.

Matthew23 wrote: »

how do you know it was a real ghost? not a thing in your head?
    You'll understand when you see one for yourself. I was at my grand-grand mothers house last year (she's dead btw, my grandmother now lives there) on holidays, was lying in bed, turned the light off, and saw this really life-like figure dressed in white, she had long hair as far as I can remember, then she vanished after about 5 seconds. I had mixed feelings, didn't know what to think.

• Advertisement

You'll understand when you see one for yourself. I was at my grand-grand mothers house last year (she's dead btw, my grandmother now lives there) on holidays, was lying in bed, turned the light off, and saw this really life-like figure dressed in white, she had long hair as far as I can remember, then she vanished after about 5 seconds. I had mixed feelings, didn't know what to think.

Could it have been that you were dreaming? That you were sleepy and you feel asleep and saw a ghost in your dream and then woke up?

wylo wrote: »
    The brain is a tricky thing, when people see ghosts I dont think they are lying about what they saw. But I dont think what they saw is real.

Yes I dont think it is lies either, but it is hard to say that it is a ghost without evidence.

Could it have been that you were dreaming? That you were sleepy and you feel asleep and saw a ghost in your dream and then woke up?
    I was wide awake as far as I can remember, plus I remember it started geting "cold" all of a sudden. It might have been my great-great grandmother, my friend lives in this haunted house where there were nuns there, one got hanged in the tree in the back garden, and she told me she once saw this white figure walking at nightime in her backgarden, right beside the tree where the incident happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Are you sure this is the right forum for this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

If you saw one in real life. Do you trust yourself enough to say I saw one so they are real? or would u say that maybe u saw it wrong? Dont thank this post pleace, just asking the question.

If I seen one in front of me now I would think I had lost my mind before I thought I had seen a real ghost. And unless you can say for definite what it was, by proving it to someone else to to validate it for yourself then I dont think you can say it was real.

The human mind is very easily tricked into believing stuff. A weird light, and unfamiliar noise, cold air or eerie feeling might lead you to believe you have seen something you havent. I dont believe for one second ghosts exist nor do I entertain for one second stories of people having seen them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

philologos wrote: »
    Are you sure this is the right forum for this thread?
    MOD COMMENT:
    Agree with philologos. No philosophical position was introduced by the OP for discussion. Locked. If a poster wishes to continue this discussion, it is recommended that they consider opening a thread in Paranormal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement