Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Should I Get?

Options
  • 09-10-2011 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

So, my birthday is coming up soon. I'm still a teenager (female), so yeah. I'm either deciding between a XBOX 360 or PS3 or going to Town and shopping for clothes/jewelry/make-up. Which one should I choose and why? Thank you for all the advice guys and girls! :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Make up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Well to be honest could you tell us a bit more of what you're in to. Gaming wise. For example, if you were a Nintendo player you'd be heralded as a "casual" gamer (please don't argue with me on that, I'm just making a generalisation).

What games would you play, would you be in to current titles? (Have a look at the likes of gamespot and search there).

I don't want to stereotype you (by suggesting 'girly' games) but if you're going to buy one and regret having it a few months later then don't go for a console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭SandraManson

chin_grin wrote: »
    Well to be honest could you tell us a bit more of what you're in to. Gaming wise. For example, if you were a Nintendo player you'd be heralded as a "casual" gamer (please don't argue with me on that, I'm just making a generalisation).

What games would you play, would you be in to current titles? (Have a look at the likes of gamespot and search there).

I don't want to stereotype you (by suggesting 'girly' games) but if you're going to buy one and regret having it a few months later then don't go for a console.
    It's okay yeah, so I already have a DSI, used to have a PS2 (really enjoyed playing it, but sold it.) I like playing games like GTA and zombie ones, or anime ones. I am really looking forward to all the Dead Rising series and GTA IV, just really love them games and enjoy them alot. I've been told that Xbox is the best one, I really don't know. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm still a teenager (female), so yeah...

[internet hump]Dog sounds[/internet hump]

Depends if you want a console with great graphics and an excellent online service (for €60 a year), and large back catalogue, get the 360. If you want a console that's a media center with excellent graphics and a fairly good online service (free) then get the PS3.

Tell you what, get both! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

get the 3DS for the laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Well there's certainly no shortage of zombie games these days, so there'll be plenty to keep you amused there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

It's okay yeah, so I already have a DSI, used to have a PS2 (really enjoyed playing it, but sold it.) I like playing games like GTA and zombie ones, or anime ones. I am really looking forward to all the Dead Rising series and GTA IV, just really love them games and enjoy them alot. I've been told that Xbox is the best one, I really don't know. :/

Before this gets in to a console war ps3 would have better performance if I were to choose. I have a 360 myself (because I'm a halo fanboy, don't judge me......And Kinect is a lot of fun).

Just be wary of certain titles that only come out on one or the other. Dead Rising you can get for both the same with GTA. I haven't played either cos I'm not really in to them (yet).

If you're in to zombie games I'd try Dead Island, a bit buggy but decent enough. Also Rise of Nightmares for the kinect.

Oh, wiki has a list for everything! :pac:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_video_games

You may like the Assassins Creed games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

I've both and I find the 360 much better.

Technically the PS3 is better spec wise but the 360 is better for gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'd get the clothes/jewellery/make-up option because you know specifically what you want. get your family to buy you a console. even though i personally prefer gaming on the 360, i use my ps3 much more for films/tv shows etc. It's an excellent media device and their exclusive games are a bit more accessible imo.

I'm still a teenager (female), so yeah...

[internet hump]Dog sounds[/internet hump]

Depends if you want a console with great graphics and an excellent online service (for €60 a year), and large back catalogue, get the 360. If you want a console that's a media center with excellent graphics and a fairly good online service (free) then get the PS3.

Tell you what, get both! :)
    I have to pay 60€ per year for the Xbox? o.o what if I don't? I also heard the Xbox overheats or something like that.

• Advertisement

get the 3DS for the laugh.
    I heard it's the same as DSI, just better graphics. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I heard it's the same as DSI, just better graphics. :D

And fancy 3D:pac:

Keith186 wrote: »
    I've both and I find the 360 much better.

Technically the PS3 is better spec wise but the 360 is better for gaming.
    I don't know, just wanna get a gaming console which I can play daily or when I get bored, also for it to have good graphics, I want to play the likes of Dead Rising and Gta IV. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

You should have a look at the exclusives for each console, then laugh and buy a PC.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'd get the clothes/jewellery/make-up option because you know specifically what you want. get your family to buy you a console. even though i personally prefer gaming on the 360, i use my ps3 much more for films/tv shows etc. It's an excellent media device and their exclusive games are a bit more accessible imo.
    Hmm yeah I was thinking the same, which shops do you recomend for alternative clothes (gothic etc) and shops where to buy tapers and gauges and such..? :)

You should have a look at the exclusives for each console, then laugh and buy a PC.
    Oh, I had the specs for the GTA IV on my laptop, then when I tried it, it was moving slowly and laggy, so yeah, I'm getting a console to play all the games instead of a PC. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

temple bar in dublin city centre has some sweet vintage/alt clothes stores; also george's street arcade ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

If I were you, I would pick up a PS3 [for the free online and media playing capabilities] and ,depending on how much money you have to spend, Red Dead Redemption [similar to GTA but a western], Uncharted 1 & 2 [the best games of this generation IMO] and Assassin's Creed 2 [open-world, story-driven game].

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Hmm yeah I was thinking the same, which shops do you recomend for alternative clothes (gothic etc) and shops where to buy tapers and gauges and such..? :)
    Asha in Stephens Green shopping centre is where I get my tapers, and a 10 second walk away from that is wildcat which is pretty good, I myself am lucky enough to have a 360 and ps3 , also love zombie games, gta, i reccomend ps3, free online multiplayer aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I have to pay 60€ per year for the Xbox? o.o what if I don't? I also heard the Xbox overheats or something like that.

Only if you want to play online. If you don't, you don't have to pay it. And the older 360 is prone to the RROD but the new one is supposed to have solved that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Thats only if you want to play online against other people in multiplayer games, doesnt sound like you would be too interested in that so you wouldnt have to pay it. The new 360s dont overheat anymore so your also safe there.

Advertisement