Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed-careers in OZ

Options
  • 09-10-2011 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi all,

I am thinking of moving to Australia or New Zealand, but i need advice on careers that are in demand and suitable visas for me.

Ive just spent the last year on a working holiday visa in Canada but i, like most of my friends, were only able to secure hospitality work. The Canadians seem to be reluctant to equate our experience and qualifications to their own.hence why i did'nt stay, it was fine to go for the year but gets boring and not challenging.
    i have worked in the voluntary/homeless sector and have a social care degree and counselling diploma, but would be prepared to do a masters to get myself a better job in OZ.

Any advice on what the situation is like in Oz would be great!!!biggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Please do a search on the forum. What jobs are in demand are outlined on the immi.gov.au website

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mise_me_fein3

If you do a masters here it'll cost you and you can only work 20 hours a week as a student.

I'd have a look on seek and gumtree as a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Why doesn’t the new points test award extra points to an applicant who studies a Master program after completing their Bachelor Degree?

Applicants who complete a Master program after completing a Bachelors degree are not
    awarded extra points, as research indicates that the labour market outcomes of previous
    skilled migrants have not been improved by holding a Masters degree.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/points-testfaq.pdf

Advertisement