If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

46"+ 3d tv recommendation?

Options
  • 09-10-2011 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭

Have an itch to upgrade to a 3d tv for some gaming. Main use would be 3d gaming and bluray via ps3/xbox. Won't be watching a lot of tv on this set. Would like something 46" or bigger. Have a preference for plasma sets due to lower response time for games.

Already have a good tv/projector set up for sky hd and general viewing so this is mainly to check out 3d content. Preferably with good 2d->3d conversion

Any recommendations?

Was looking at the Samsung PS51D550, LG 50PZ250, LG 47LW450 etc

Also, would I get a much better 40-42" set? Currently have a Philips 42PF9831 in this room and would love the bigger screen for gaming but wouldn't like to sacrifice PQ too much as the hd picture from the philips is fantastic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Kenny,

I know you didn't request a Philips price but if you're after an awesome 3d gaming TV I gotta point you in the direction of the new Philips Cinewide 21:9 50PFL7956. Even just to drool over. Check it out here.

21to9MEDIUM.jpg

This is due to be available in the next couple of weeks and as soon as we have it instore I think its well worth your while to pop in and check it out.

You can have a look at all our 3DTV's here and if any catch your eye let me know and I'll PM you some prices.

Thanks a mil, Nicola. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Thanks Nicola, I had a look at the 7956 and while it looks like a great tv its about double my budget :P Might drop you a pm though on the 7606 series

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Edit: Ended up buying a 47lw450 locally from powercity as it's only around the corner from me and was coming to roughly the same price as listed on rs.com website

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.