Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good steak in city centre, anyone got tips?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

ur2008 wrote: »
    another place called: Cafe Carlo in O'Connell st, steak on a stone, the best steak ever, strongly recommended. got a voucher of boards deal once and tried it out, it's was just an amazing steak you can ever get

here's their website:
    http://www.cafecarlo.net/steakmenu.html

+1..i had a voucher from citydeals for that place and it was an absolutely unforgettable steak..a very big fillet cooked on a stone with a choice of sauces,fries and a glass of wine.
    I think without the voucher its about 15 quid but worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dandelionmind

Rustic Stone on George's Street.
    Not cheap, but the menu's fairly impressive and the steaks cooked on the stone are delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Rustic Stone on George's Street.
    Not cheap, but the menu's fairly impressive and the steaks cooked on the stone are delicious.
    OK, don't get me wrong... I'm ALL FOR a gimmick, but from what I understand is they bring you the meat and you have a hot stone and you cook it yourself at the table?
    I mean... why not just spend 1/2 as much and cook your steak at home? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Bassfish

I tried that steak on a stone thing and i'm not a fan. It came out just sealed on each side. I like my steak Medium-Well so had to sit there looking at it for four or five minutes while everyone else was eating. Also, you generally eat it off the stone too so it's cookingaway while you're eating so unless you absolutely horse it down or it's a small steak, you end up with the last third of your steak being well done. Also i found that i absolutely reeked of cooking fat afterwards, not a good aroma if you're out on a date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭jclally

I got a smashing steak in Le Bon Crubeen on Talbot St, and it only cost 12.50. Highly recommended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 dandelionmind

I mean... why not just spend 1/2 as much and cook your steak at home? lol

Well, I suppose the nice thing about having it in a restaurant is that you're relaxed, sitting down in good company, receiving table service and if the place is good, the food they offer is much better than anything you're likely to produce yourself at home.

Bassfish wrote: »
    I tried that steak on a stone thing and i'm not a fan. It came out just sealed on each side

The good thing about steak on a stone is that you can try steak cooked a variety of ways, rather than just one way the restaurant normally give it to you. Sometimes a "medium" you ask for can come out well done, which might lead you to not enjoy it. Least with a stone, you can cook it exactly how you like it, even if it is slightly more effort!

It's not for everyone, but Rustic Stone is a cracking place all the same.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

What! Steak on a stone is Amazing! Maybe the places you got it did not do it very well. The best steak I ever had was Steak on a Stone in Mastersons in Swords. Even better than fxb & Shanahans. I highly recommend you check it out. Queens in Dalkey do it too but not sure what its like. Anywhere else do it? I really want to try it again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

I got an amazing steak sandwich in that boat on the liffey.

Living in Spencer Dock, i have had food on that boat on a number of occasions. Was thinking to myself nothing was ever amazing, in fact quite average.

Went down yesterday for a pint with the missus after work and saw the menu had changed. Chanced the Steak sandwich. While not amazing, i have to say it was pretty fecking close. loved the real peppery pepper sauce too.

Kudos man.

Best steak ive had in dublin was the T-Bone in Marco Pierre Whites
    drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Had good steak in Buenos Aires grill before

Thou there website appears to be dead:
    http://www.buenosairesgrill.ie/

They still there anyone ?

Buenos Aires grill is the nicest steak I've ever had, bar none

Advertisement