Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop repair shop with student discount

Options
  • 09-10-2011 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

anyone know where the best place is to get your laptop repaired for students with a discounted rate? my laptop screen keeps flickering then going black and is becoming more frequent and annoying, any feedback appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jan shyr

Repairing as in replacing video card? Because that is why your screen flickers most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭corkman123

tbh ive no idea whats wrong with it, i dont have a clue about this type of thing, but it flickers and then the screen goes black... how much are the graphic cards? where would the best place to get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

More than likely your LCD's backlight is on the way out. Its unlikely to be your graphics card and if it it then the whole motherboard needs replacing.
    It could be a loose/damaged lvds cable from the motherboard either, Does it happen when the the screen is moved back or forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Nethouse in Rathmines do a very good repair job, at a reasonable price. Ive had them do a few jobs for me, always reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭corkman123

yea i think its related to the screen cause when i move it it flickers, it seems slightly loose too.. would it be much to sort it out if its not the graphics card?

• Advertisement
Advertisement